Glencairn Primary school staff 1972

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
boots1
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Glencairn Primary school staff 1972

Post by boots1 »

I am looking for help with the photo I have attached below with staff names who were at Glencairn Primary school when the school had been taken over as a primary school from 1971.
Attachments
GLENCAIRN%20PRIMARY%201972[1].jpg
tricky
New Poster
New Poster

Re: Glencairn Primary school staff 1972

Post by tricky »

Front left: Mrs (Anne?) Auld
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Front second left Mrs Kilpatrick. The guy is Mr Malloy. Looking at the school photos section it states he is Ian Molloy.A rather unpleasant person, nicknamed Gooffy.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Oh... Mr Malloy is 4th from the left = first row.... I LOVED him, Bill !! :-) I think he either liked you, or he didn't.

2nd row (first lady) I think was Mrs Murphy..... I once told her her teachings were "ridiclous".... I remember she told me : "Go and sit down on your ridiculous bottom". Aye, those were the days.

I believe that Miss Kellog is sat next to Mr Malloy, on his right hand side. Scary lady. Funny we thought of her as so "OLD" during that time. From the picture she clearly was not.

Wonder who is still alive now??
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

For three years i heard him shouting and hitting children with a thick leather belt. I didn't have him until fourth year and he was an efficient teacher though a miserable sod.One day the mask slipped, we had been watching a supposed tv programme on maths over a four week period where a railway truck was being shunted into sidings and he must have been as bored as the rest of us. When the last episode ended, for some reason we looked at each other and we both started to laugh.We were both in stitches and then he realised he had to stop this or lose his reputation and he said, "it wasnt that funny." Another time he showed himself to be a small minded creep and i cannot say i liked him.He didn't have a ridiculous bottom. He had an arse like a rabbits.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Cannot remember him this way, Bill !! I remember being v. bad at maths, but he seem to like me, and patiently taught me how to do something better. Funny the way we remember folk.
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

That's fine Viv but i had him as a secondary teacher and like most of them they were horrible. Including primary teachers the only ones i liked were Jessie Duncan and Mrs Milne and i think they liked me too.
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

I mentioned in a previous submission about Mr Malloy hitting my Sister on the head/face
(5 yrs older than me) When my Mother was told she waited outside the School and had a 'word' with him. No education Dept involved just an angry Mother lol
Never liked him either Billy.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Middle row, second on the right is a girl called Grace, who was a year above me at Ardrossan Academy, dont remember her second name, but think she lived in the first house on the right hand side in St Margarets Road when facing down towards Lairds Weir.
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Anne wrote:I mentioned in a previous submission about Mr Malloy hitting my Sister on the head/face
(5 yrs older than me) When my Mother was told she waited outside the School and had a 'word' with him. No education Dept involved just an angry Mother lol
Never liked him either Billy.
Happy New Year Anne. Yes he was a miserable sod and you know i don't recall him ever calling any of the male pupils by their christian name. He was a good teacher, got my o'level maths nae bother but he taught by terrorising us.Incidently i believe he was only 57 when he died which is far too young. lol Bill
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

Imagine putting "LOL" beside someone dying. What kind of person are you at all?

//funny
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

"Oh Lord please don't let me be misunderstood."