Ardeer Thistle Club to Canada C1973

Upload your three towns photographs here - people or places.
Forum rules
Post photographs here, which depict places or people in or from the three towns. You are welcome to upload direct from your computer to this album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Ardeer Thistle Club to Canada C1973

Post by Hughie »

ArdeerThistleClub1C1973.jpg
Taken at Prestwick Airport in the early 1970s. Thanks to John Auld for sending this great photo to share with everyone. John's uncle and granny are in this picture. Alec Gardiner & Polly Gardiner, Castlehill Road, Stevenston.

Click to see much larger image: http://i.imgur.com/LyrsSBA.jpg
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Ardeer Thistle Club to Canada C1973

Post by creamolafoam »

im sure thats miffy mcmillan crouching down, in the cardigan(centre)
Aileen Shaw
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Aileen Shaw »

Hi
Front 2nd kneeling on the right Mr McLaughlan from McGregor Ave and at the rear of the right 2nd along his wife and the couple next to her is Mr & Mrs McLaughlan from one of the cul-de-sacs of Hamilton Cres, their son is Jim who works in Sainsbury and he has worked their for mega years.
Aileen
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

creamolafoam wrote:im sure thats miffy mcmillan crouching down, in the cardigan(centre)
I would agree on that identification.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
homer timpson
New Poster
New Poster

Post by homer timpson »

Aileen Shaw wrote:Hi
Front 2nd kneeling on the right Mr McLaughlan from McGregor Ave and at the rear of the right 2nd along his wife and the couple next to her is Mr & Mrs McLaughlan from one of the cul-de-sacs of Hamilton Cres, their son is Jim who works in Sainsbury and he has worked their for mega years.
Aileen
Quite correct;

My Aunt Ella, Ron and Jim still live in St Monachs Place - Jim is still working away at Sainsburys whilst continuing to support that mob from Govan :mrgreen: My Uncle Ronnie passed away several years ago.

My Aunt Margaret only moved from McGregor Avenue just over a week ago; Rab passed away on 7th July last year - 2 months before he was due to be Best Man at his twin brother Andy's wedding for the 2nd time. I stood in for him, but would far rather have been standing by his side throughout the day and night.

Sadly missed.

Brian
gerv
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by gerv »

Spoke to Ella about the photo she things it was before 1973 (a few months after Ronnie and Rabs mother passed away auld Bella) and she also said they went to america not canada.
And Miffys wife Mary is also in the photo.

Gerv
5thBeatle
Settling In
Settling In

Post by 5thBeatle »

I was not sure when the photo was taken, early 70's was my best guess. Went to America could well be right also. //perfect My Granny and Uncle are in the picture (left). I know they spent most of there time in Canada when they were over there. They must have had a pick up and travel over the border. They did have relatives on both sides of the border so I guess thats what happened. :D

Cheers
If you don't know where your going, any road will take you there.
hammycrescent
Settling In
Settling In

Post by hammycrescent »

Wow .................Ella looks great !!!!!!!!!!!!!,as for big Ronnie what a cracking guy he was .
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I' ll be very surprised if an Air Canada flight was allowed to land in the US. I worked on the airport as a student and Air Canada only flew to Canada.
Probably the other way round, where people went first to Canada and then went on to the States.

JD.