Love Family Stevenston

For those researching family in the three towns area.
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Love Family Stevenston

Post by little plum »

In 1781 Francis Love was born in the Wardhouse Stevenston ( died 1860). A poet of no mean ability and a weaver to trade, he had strong connections to freemasonry. The Lodges of Ayrshire erected a monument to his memory in Stevenston High Kirk churchyard, it takes the form of an obelisk.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
jsmith
Settling In
Settling In

Post by jsmith »

I remeber Jim Love he was in the 1st Stevenston BBs same time as me.

Post by Guest »

i was at school with Jim Seggie. His brother George came behind us
madge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by madge »

Hi Hammycrescent

I worked with Avril Love in Ardeer and she went to Canada. I understand she became an estate agent and was very
successful. There was Love the plumbers at the cross who I believe may have been her grandfather's business.
Her Aunt Mary worked in Nicols the chemist for years.

Madge
Trust in God but row away from the rocks
kaymay
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by kaymay »

Hi everyone I am back again.
I have Jane or Jean Love on my tree born in 1836 in Saltcoats. Her Father was William Love b. 1812 and her mother Mary Mcgrown. Jane had a brother Robert born 1 Apr 1855 in Stevenston.
Jane married Gilbert Taylor b. 11 may 1835 Saltcoats. They were married on the 24 July 1854 in Stevenston.
And had four children. Duncan Taylor b. 1861, John Taylor b. 1864, Gilbert Taylor b.1855 and Mary Taylor b.1858 all in Stevenston.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

There was an Alexander Love1815 Dreghorn ,death 1867 Stevenston. Father Michael Love 1770 Dreghorn, death 1837 Kilwinning. Love Hall Kilwinning named after the Family

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
hammycrescent
Settling In
Settling In

Post by hammycrescent »

Alexander Love was my ,great great grandfather,SC.
Thanks Madge.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

I do have Alexander Love on my tree. Not a main line for me, but connected through various surnames on my tree.
Agnes Logan c1879 married into the Pllu ,my Father in Laws side. Jane Love c1845 marr. James C Stirrat, son of Thomas Stirrat ,and Isabella Scott. Her Father James Scott 02 AUG 1783 in Stevenston .His Father Adam Scott 25 NOV 1742 in Stanlie, Ardrossan is my 4th.GGrandfather.

SC

The said Alexander Pllu died in Sherbrooke ,Quebec.A while back I was in contact with a relative from that side. Said the Loves were from Beith .I have not researched that far back.

Edit - Just found this site,but be careful.
http://www.ayrshireroots.co.uk/TNG/getp ... 917&tree=2
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
searchinguk

Post by searchinguk »

Greetings from Vancouver,
The Logan and Love families mentioned on your post are my family. Agnes Logan b 1878 Stevenston to Christina Love and William Logan. Agnes being the sister of my grandfather Alexander. She died in Saltcoats July 5th 1900. Alexander Pluu and Agnes Logan had two children before her death, Christina Love Pluu 1898 and Margaret Blair Pluu 1900. I was able to find that they emigrated to Quebec.

Jean Love 1846 Kilwinning, the daughter of Alexander Love and Ann Frew, my great grandparents. Alexander being the brother of Christina Love as in above notation as to Agnes Logan. All so very interesting to find this post from last year and your relationship with Scott's and Stirrat's as well as my Logan and Love family.
Cheers,
Linda
elainevz
New Poster
New Poster

Post by elainevz »

Who were the parents of William Love b 1812?
jlovemcmeekin

Post by jlovemcmeekin »

Hello, this is my family :)
My dad is Jim Love, my aunt was Avril, and my grandparents were Tom & Sadie.
Avril moved to Canada first, I would guess in the 60's. My mum (Alison Bolton) Dad, and I went to Canada in 1978 when I was 3. Tom & Sadie came to Canada as well, within a few years of us.
My Dad is doing well. Enjoys a lot of golf - 123 games last year! - and is a happy Grandpa. One of his granddaughters (my daughter) is called Sadie, after her great-gran. Sadly, my mum Alison died in 2005, and Avril in 2015.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

jlovemcmeekin wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:55 pm Hello, this is my family :)
My dad is Jim Love, my aunt was Avril, and my grandparents were Tom & Sadie.
Avril moved to Canada first, I would guess in the 60's. My mum (Alison Bolton) Dad, and I went to Canada in 1978 when I was 3. Tom & Sadie came to Canada as well, within a few years of us.
My Dad is doing well. Enjoys a lot of golf - 123 games last year! - and is a happy Grandpa. One of his granddaughters (my daughter) is called Sadie, after her great-gran. Sadly, my mum Alison died in 2005, and Avril in 2015.
A warm welcome to the Threetowners Forum. I’m sure you’ll meet a lot of people who knew your family before the left the three towns. Looking forward to reading your posts.

Meg