Saltcoats Community Council Meeting

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Saltcoats Community Council Meeting

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

i was at the saltcoats community council meeting tonight i know there was a post put on about the state of saltcoats town hall by a man who was out walking with his two sons i have looked for it to reply to it but cannot find it, so i will reply to it here in this post, i can tell you that the community council are pursuing this matter quite rigorously, and have been for a long time, things are still ongoing as to what is going to happen, and a report will be given at the next meeting i assume as to what the progress is , there were also many other issues brought up and this community council are working hard for saltcoats and its residents they are to be commended for that.
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
joantoyboy
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Saltcoats Community Council Meeting

Post by joantoyboy »

need to do something about the shore front etc., its a disgrace , during ww2 and on into the 60,s it was great what ever happend?
bigalan
Settling In
Settling In

Post by bigalan »

Hi Jim hope you and the committee get this sorted out, all the history behind this lovely building in countess street.
We have to keep Saltcoats for the future.
Alan P
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

one again i attended the community council meeting the town hall subject is still ongoing but it is looking increasenly likely the money is not going to be forthcomin for the work needed done,the communety council however will keep pursuing this campaign to get the town hall brought up to the standard that is needed.
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
aland
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by aland »

from what I have heard NAC are doing everything possible to avoid doing the work on the town hall as It needs far too much money spent on it, roof replaced, full rewire, replacement of heating, major work to the stairs and the problems of making it DDA compliant. their own opinion is that having spent over 200k on the volunteer rooms in irvine 3 years ago and ardrossan civic centre is that it isnt needed
call me alan or al, labels are for tins of beans or soup not people. We are all Jock Tamson's bairns
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

aland wrote:from what I have heard NAC are doing everything possible to avoid doing the work on the town hall as It needs far too much money spent on it, roof replaced, full rewire, replacement of heating, major work to the stairs and the problems of making it DDA compliant. their own opinion is that having spent over 200k on the volunteer rooms in irvine 3 years ago and ardrossan civic centre is that it isnt needed
Well that shows what they think of old buildings.

Ellen
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

In the 1970's Ardrossan Civic Center was down as a place of shelter for stranded people caught out in a town emergency.I would have thought Saltcoats Town Hall was also on this list.Is this list no longer necessary.

Ellen
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller