North Shore, Ardrossan

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Rowanside
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: North Shore, Ardrossan

Post by Rowanside »

Thank you P.T, yes of course it was David.I contacted him during my senior year at G.U. for advice on my dissertation, cir, 1983
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

PT, I think you should start naming a few faces. It might trigger some memories. Interesting to read about David Denver.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

I recognize Most of them but names escape me , I see Betty, Bobby, Finlay, the woman at the back I think was Mrs Trodden ???? and Im sure if the camera was facing the other side of them you would have seen, the Floods, Milligans
the Blackwoods we all use to go up there lots of Sundays
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Sarah, my Bobby isn't in that photo. I take it you meant the woman without the hat. Not Mrs Trodden. Try again.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Netta,

Where is Canfactory when you need him? The lady sitting knitting is surely Mrs. Blackwood. The lassie sitting in front of her, apparently sucking her thumb, is a daughter who's first name escapes me. The boy standing back left, I think, is Danny Watt. Findlay Denver is front right, 4th from the right is David Denver, and 6th from the right is Betty Denver. The name of the boy between Findlay and David Denver has 'gone'. I recognise him but can't pull the name back. Breckenbridge came to mind but I'm not at all sure about that.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

PT, the boy between the Denvers is our good friend, Eddie McCracken from Beggs Terr. He now lives in Aus.
You are right with Danny Watt, he is Bobby's brother.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Bobby is stuck with the girl who looks like she is sucking her thumb too. We don't know who the boy is standing behind Mrs. Blackwood. Come on, someone out there must know him.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Netta,

There is technically two boys between the Denvers, can you clarify if Eddie McCracken is the one at the front or the back. I was assumming you meant the boy at the back but there is an 'R McCracken' in David Denver's school photo who looks like the boy at the front.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

I meant the one at the back, after I replied i realised we could be talking about two different people.
unicornheart
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by unicornheart »

thanks penny tray i was racking my brain?? trying to get his name Danny Watt , he was in my class at school .
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by maggie T »

Netta ,I thought was Danny ,Margaret Brother,in the picture ,is Betty Dever in the picture .Netta.?
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Netta

Thanks for the great picture. Been away for a few days and would have pitched in first if I’d been here LOL

That said, I might not have been a lot of help because this is an earlier photograph, taken a good few years before I was taken down there by my mother those warm summer afternoons. Where they are all sitting is exactly the same though and Mrs Blackwood was still doing her knitting when I played around her feet.

Finlay and David Denver were closer to my brother’s age, and I was 9 years younger than him. Hugh isn’t there though and I'm a wee bit surprised as he was enrolled in that 'club' long before I was.

Isn’t that the walls of the Garth in the background?

Campbell