Split from - Eddie Milligan and other Ardrossan BB's

For those researching family in the three towns area.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Split from - Eddie Milligan and other Ardrossan BB's

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi Hammy, I have John Gordon c1843 as being born in Co.Down. Can't remember where it came from ,but will see if i come across it .
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi Hammy,I have Isabella Gordon's birth on my tree as 21.1.1863 Robert Thompson's Land,Boglemart Stevenston, 5 .45 A.M Parents were married 18.5.1843 Portaferry,Co.Down :D
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by sweet caroline »

Hi Hammy ,could be yours
Michael GORDON . Ballyphilip regd. Portaferry; husband of Mary Denvir; father of John b. 10 Jun 1868 & Patrick b. 23 Oct 1869

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/p ... ee/241649/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ballyphillip and Portaferry 1843 - 1881 1843 - 1881 1843 - 1881 (partial) Public Record Office of Northern Ireland MIC.1D/74 Open for public research
Ballyphillip and Portaferry 1843 - 1900 1843 - 1900 1843 - 1900 Ulster Historical Foundation Database: commissioned research only
Ballyphillip and Portaferry Mar 20 1843 - Dec 31 1880 (transcript) Mar 20 1843 - Dec 31 1880 (transcript) National Library of Ireland Pos. 5478 Open for public research
Also originals at Parish Church

Click here for a listing of placenames within this parish.
http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/fuse ... ounty=Down" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tuppence
New Poster
New Poster

Post by tuppence »

I think this John Gordon is my husband's great grandfather, son of Michael Gordon. Do you know any more? Tuppence
Sarabelle84
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Sarabelle84 »

Hi

I was on Facebook page memories of ardrossan and found the photo of coronation party at beggs terrace which a lot of my family were in...this led me to this page

My mum is a Blackwood and My uncle is Stirrat. So weird seeing people talk about our family which is a big family with many different surnames 🤣
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I see the current Stirrat Blackwood most Sundays at church.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

There's a photo with Stirrat in it in this Topic
There was also a Tommy Blackwood and sister? Isabel Blackwood at that time (1950s) in Beggs Terrace, don't know if they were related to Stirrat or even to each other.
Sarabelle84
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Sarabelle84 »

My uncle stirrat and my mum were brought up in beggs terrace. My mum still stays in the same house. Tommy Blackwood was their cousin.