Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston

Post by Hughie »

It is my sad duty to inform you of the passing of one of our very special members, Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston. On behalf of our members at threetowners, I would like to extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to Robert's family at this sad time.

Robert was instrumental in making our threetowners homecoming reunion such a success last year and has been a great supporter of our group. Bobbydarg will be sorely missed.

Robert's tireless work in numerous roles for his beloved Ardeer Thistle Football Club since its resurrection in 1977 is legendary. I'm told that Ardeer Thistle would not be in existence today but for Robert.

Hughie McCallum
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston

Post by morag »

I'm shocked and saddened to read that, Hughie. Sincere sympathy to the family. :cry:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

So sorry to hear about Bobbydarg, he was one of the nicest guys on Threetowners.

Josephine.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

I don't know what to say. Bobbydarg was such a fixture on the forum.

Please pass on the deepest regrets from Ria and I, and assure the family that they are in out thoughts and prayers at this sad time.

JD.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Catherine Belle »

My sincere condolences to Robert's family.
He was one of the good guys and I'll miss his posts.
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Awful news - he will be so sadly missed. You are so right Hughie, without him the homecoming events would not have been anywhere as successful as they were - nor the committee meetings as much fun.

So sad ....

Meg and George
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I was made aware of Bobby's passing early this evening and remain in shock.

My earliest recollection of him was schools football, Kilmarnock Technical College, and then, last summer, a colleague on the Homecoming Committee.

He was a 'gentle' 'man' gentleman who saw the 'positive' in everything, an inspiration. If you were feeling down or negative he was sure to lift you - within seconds - with a beaming smile thrown in. Last summer's Threetowners Homecoming would not have been the success it was without his energy and subtle fundraising genius.

He loved his family and spoke openly of this, particularly deriving great joy from frequently visiting Blackpool with the 'grandweans'. I fondly recall photos he posted.

What a loss too to Threetowners. It's hard to believe that 24 hours ago Bobby, Rowanside and myself were exchaning banter regarding Rowanside's involvement with the Ardrossan Winton Rovers, doubtless, tongue in cheek with his beloved Ardeer Thistle in mind.

Condolences to Mrs. Grayston and all the family. I'm stunned by this unexpected passing so goodness knows the depth of their grief tonight. God bless.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Mz Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mz Taz »

My thoughts go out to Roberts family today.
I have known of this sad news since this morning when I arrived at my work were I was fortunate to have worked with Robert. Can I say how sadly missed he will be there by every one of us and will be a great loss to the young peoples lives he has come into contact with.
All of them and us there today have been dealt a hammer blow to think we will never hear his laugh again see him bring out his wee note book to mark their comings and goings and their everyday lives. He never had a bad word to say about anyone and was so liked by one and all we should all be thought of as well as he was.
Looking through a cd rom of photos just on Friday of last week with him, that he had gathered over the years and seeing him at our Halloween Party last year when he came dressed as a monk with the habit a large cross aroung his neck and even the toncher ( fake wig with the monks bald patch) we were roaring with laughter at the memory of that night a lot of hilarity was had by all of us.
We fortunately have so many of these memories to look back on and our lives are enriched because of this.
Reflect on the past enjoy the present and prepare for the future
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by georgersweir »

Meg and I spent the evening with Robert on Monday 1st February at the Grant Arms in Stevenston. We met for a 3T committee meeting and Robert was in good humour. He will be sorely missed by each of us and I feel unable to believe that he will not be at our next meeting... Sometimes, I find that playing piano is a good form of escape that helps me express emotions I find difficult to put into words. This evening, I composed this tune as an expression of my sadness at the loss that will be felt by everyone who knew Robert.
I'm still saving up for a signature.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

i am saddened and shocked to here this news, im lost for words, my thoughts go out to his family.
a very stunned James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Shocking News, so sad for all of you over there who knew Bobby personally.
Sincere condolences, to his family, he will be missed greatly from the 3ts family also...
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

Oh my goodness, I was shocked when I read this sad sad news this morning. Robert was in my class at the Higher Grade since we started school, he was always a nice boy. He married my cousin Anna Havlins Daughter, Catherine which I only remembered once he came onto 3 T's . I know it is maybe not the place to speak about it but what happened?

Anne