Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Robert (Bobbydarg) Grayston

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes thank you Neil, i to will also be there .
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
Mitchy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Mitchy »

This is very sad news. I never met Robert personally but I always viewed him as an integral part of this forum. Those I know who have met him confirmed he was a really nice man. I exchanged a few private messages with hm about Junior Football and his love for Ardeer Thistle was obvious.

May he rest in peace.
leprikon59
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by leprikon59 »

I also did not have pleasure of meeting Bobby in person and like Mitchy saw him as a integral part of these forum.s. They say a picture speak,s a thousand word,s and looking through last summer,s reunion picture,s it,s quite easy to tell the character of the man. Bobby will without a doubt be very much missed and as such iv,e been asked to post one of my you tube videos as a tribute More than happy to do so.

This is for you Robert.

[youtube][/youtube]
For some scenic photos of Ardrossan & the West Coast click here http://www.youtube.com/leprikon59
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

To my mind, this lament written, I believe, to commemorate Culloden, is the most haunting melody ever written.

Beautiful. A fitting send-off to Robert.

JD.
JimMcCub
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by JimMcCub »

Just returned from a short break and heard the news, I would like to add my condolences to Bobbys family along with all the 3Trs, he will be missed.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

The 'Auld Yin' has asked me to pass on her condolescences too. I told her today that someone she had met at one of our quiz nights and at the Homecoming Dance had passed on. I didn't think that she would be able to place Bobby but the minute I said his name she described him to a T and said that on both occasions he had come over, sat beside her, and chatted awhile, which was correct. "A lovely wee man", she says. And so say all of us.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Little Plum,

Thanks for details of Robert's funeral.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Penny Tray wrote:The 'Auld Yin' has asked me to pass on her condolescences too. I told her today that someone she had met at one of our quiz nights and at the Homecoming Dance had passed on. I didn't think that she would be able to place Bobby but the minute I said his name she described him to a T and said that on both occasions he had come over, sat beside her, and chatted awhile, which was correct. "A lovely wee man", she says. And so say all of us.
How is the "auld yin" PT- I hope that the nearer we get to spring, the better she'll feel. Please tell her I was asking for her.

Meg
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Thanks Meg. I don't want to intrude into an area set aside for tributes to Bobby, suffice to say she's much improved from a decline she suffered November through to January but if God spares her she'll be 92 next week. She was visibly taken aback at news of Bobby's death. As I said earlier he had taken time to talk to her twice twice last year and she hadn't forgotten that.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

heres the link to ardeer thistles home page,where you can if you wish leave a comment in the guest book.
http://www.ardeerthistlefc.com/default.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
jarneilh
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by jarneilh »

Very fitting LEPRIKON gave time to reflect and remember one of our own.

Regards Jim
maggie
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by maggie »

Loved it so haunting such a great
farewell