St.Marys School

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
mickmullin
New Poster
New Poster

Re: St.Marys School

Post by mickmullin »

Hi my name is mick mullin (chisty) I went to St Mary's started 1951 and loved it yes just mc can was scary and sometimes a bully but you never crossed him always got the belt on a Monday because I could not remember the colour of the vestments at Sunday mass , I played with the school football team and was very successful over the few years dick Harvey was the football manager and then Peter mccourt great memories of winning cups and leagues over the years
Mick mullin
alex hughes 1970
New Poster
New Poster

Post by alex hughes 1970 »

Hello was there more than one St Marys primary school in Saltcoats. I started there in 1975 and it was in Jacks road? Does anyone remember the teacher Mrs Broady, she was my primary 7 teacher.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

On another Saltcoats site there is a photo of foundation bricks with the date. The author said it was all that was left of St Mary's school.
I'm presuming it was the original school and not the Annex in Jack's Road.
I'm not Catholic but there is nothing to say on those bricks (unless there is a sign on the back),what was there. Thought maybe someone living in the town could put it to council to have a plaque placed there especially as nearly all the schools we remember are gone. Only a thought.