What are you reading now?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
madge
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by madge »

Exile

Wouldn't surprise me, a very strong, intelligent woman unless George Clooney throws his hat into the ring.

Madge
Trust in God but row away from the rocks
exile
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by exile »

madge wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:42 pm Exile

Wouldn't surprise me, a very strong, intelligent woman unless George Clooney throws his hat into the ring.

Madge
I'd love to see her go for it.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm Just finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Started it a few months ago before lockdown - I thought it would be an easy train read going up and down to Glasgow but I found it hard to get into so set it aside. Picked it up again this week and couldn’t put it down. Set in Glasgow.

Meg
Was given this book the other week, glanced at it and put it aside sounds like I should give it a go. Finding it hard to get into a lot of books at the moment. Must be COVID brain.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity - It's impossible to put down. :puter :roll:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:36 am
Meg wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm Just finished Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Started it a few months ago before lockdown - I thought it would be an easy train read going up and down to Glasgow but I found it hard to get into so set it aside. Picked it up again this week and couldn’t put it down. Set in Glasgow.

Meg
Was given this book the other week, glanced at it and put it aside sounds like I should give it a go. Finding it hard to get into a lot of books at the moment. Must be COVID brain.
I know what you mean Netta - I am struggling with concentration - and to make it worse, I’ve just started a 10 week distance course with the University of Glasgow on Robert Burns, covering religion, politics, slavery, his life in Ayrshire, poems and songs. I’ve trouble writing my name at the moment :lol:

Anyway, stick with Eleanor, I enjoyed it eventually.

Mx
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hughie wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am I'm reading a book about anti-gravity - It's impossible to put down. :puter :roll:
Hughie, details please. JD.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

John Donnelly wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:15 am
Hughie wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:32 am I'm reading a book about anti-gravity - It's impossible to put down. :puter :roll:
Hughie, details please. JD.
Just an attempt at off topic frivolity, John, waiting for the second half of an exciting finals match in our Aussie Rules football to begin. :roll: :wink:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Hope your team won. JD. Anti-gravity, indeed. //funny
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Meg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am

Meg
I know what you mean Netta - I am struggling with concentration - and to make it worse, I’ve just started a 10 week distance course with the University of Glasgow on Robert Burns, covering religion, politics, slavery, his life in Ayrshire, poems and songs. I’ve trouble writing my name at the moment :lol:

Mx
Meg, just finished Eleanor Oliphant and really enjoyed it. Glad you encouraged me to try it.
Did you notice in the acknowledgments at the end the author thanked Janice Galloway.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bobnetau wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:16 am
Meg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:59 am

Mx
Meg, just finished Eleanor Oliphant and really enjoyed it. Glad you encouraged me to try it.
Did you notice in the acknowledgments at the end the author thanked Janice Galloway.
Glad you enjoyed it Netta - hope her follow up book is out soon. Channel 5 did a really successful remake of all creatures great and small which finished a couple of weeks ago encouraged me to go back and read the books - light and easy. A couple of books I read last year I can recommend - The Help by Kathryn Stockett - based in the southern states in the early 60s - and Before we were yours by Lisa Wingate (based on a true story). Good escapism. Hope you and Bobby are ok - George and I should have been planning our Oz adventure for January - maybe 2022 .....

Mx
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Been reading a few of James Patterson's books lately, more so the ones he's written with guest writers - they are one off's. Haven't been disappointed yet.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Spent a few hours today reading the Threetowners Archived topics. Had never heard of (Onion Johnnies) and the stories about the Jerry planes, bunkers etc. Marvellous stuff.