Turducken

Post your recipes here. Please use *newtopic* for each recipe.
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Turducken

Post by Catherine Belle »

Anyone among our group ever made turducken for the holiday meal? I just found out today that there was such a thing. One of our patients is planning to make it for Thanksgiving dinner next Thursday. Apparently it's a turkey stuffed with a duck stuffed with a chicken! :shock:
Couldnae wait to get home from work to Google for it...here's how to make it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Turducken

Post by bobnetau »

Looks good, Catherine, but would that company would have the Health Inspectors on their doorstep if they were operating in Aus. Not a plastic glove in site, even in our cafes the workers have to were gloves when touching food.
Netta
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Gads Netta, how right you are!
And what's worse, the manager walked right in and got to work with his street cothes on.. :shock:

Home-made is the way to go... :wink:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Saw an add for it available in local supermarkets. Bit of overkill (literally :roll: ) to me. I'm not fond of Turkey and still don't know what Thanksgiving dinner will be yet :oops:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

I'm not cooking this year, but if I was I'd certainly give turducken the old college try! :D
I've paid my dues...it's the grown up kids turn to cook from here on in...I'll contribute a store bought pie to the dessert menu... :oops:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

My daughter loves Thanksgiving - jut like her dad did. She'd like to make a big day of it like he did but now it's just she and I who are left to handle it, the boys just show up to eat! :lol: She'll make all or most of the sides and the pies, and I'll do the 'meats'....so far it's pot roast, maybe yorkshire pud, roast tatties, mashed tatties, stuffing and some kind of rice, Blackened salmon, assorted veggies... my daughter and one son's girlfriend don't eat meat but will eat fish, another son's girlfriend doesn't seem to eat much at all...it's all very complicated! I keep suggesting we all go out for dinner but Angie won't hear of it..(aw, we can't leave our pets alone for Thanksgiving...said with more than a little reproach :oops: ), she even dug out her grandma's antique silver servingware, guess who got to try and make it silver again? :roll:
C.S.Lewis
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

Morag, what,s blackened salmon. ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

It's salmon with creole / Cajun seasoning Neil, it's pretty good. When it's cooked the seasoning is very dark. Normally I don't do much to salmon, some fresh herbs, a little lemon, but my kids like this and Angie asked for it specifically. After I bought the salmon the fishmonger pointe out the seasonings and said 'You know, if you like we have these seasoning too'. I said I wish I'd known that, I'd have had him add the seasoning so he gave me a wee bag of the stuff to take along. They had wild caught steelhead that looked very interesting. I've never tried it but he said it was a cross between salmon and trout, anyone tasted it?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blackened- ... etail.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
C.S.Lewis
Catherine Belle
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Spent a lovely Thanksgiving Day at my eldest son's home. Tons of happy family! Tons of food! Tons of fun with all the grandkids! :D
Truly blessed, we are!....and oh so truly thankful. :wink:
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Well, like you Catherine, it was a lovely day with everyone gathered together. We ended up having pot roast with boiled tatties and carrots, roast pork, blackened salmon, colcannon, wild mushroom and onion stuffing, roast tatties, green beans with crispy shallots and salad. Of course you have to have the pumpkin pie! Along with the appetisers and drinks I'm amazed anyone could walk afterwards! It's just as well I was in the kitchen or no doubt I'd have pigged out on the appetisers and been to full to eat the main meal! The one son whose girlfriend doesn't eat much kept it light as they were then going to her mum's to have dinner again! :roll:

Got wise and made plates to go for them otherwise Angie and I would be having leftovers for weeks! :lol:

Now, what about Christmas......? :smt102
C.S.Lewis