Mac's Bar - Our Virtual Cafe

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Chatterbox - The Virtual Cafe

Post by mckay47 »

I'll just have a cup of coffee and one of those scones you were talking about yesterday.....mind you, I'll no have yesterdays, it'll have to be fresh made this morning :roll:
You're making me wish I could just pop into the Candy Bar for a wee bacon roll and a cuppa tea. Must go now, breakfast time here.......have to settle for the special K with strawberrys :evil:
Betty
Rowanside
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Rowanside »

Nice wee site Mac ,well thought.Morag says she cannie even float ?(Ah better no go doon that road).On the subject oh swimming.Ah swam for the South of Scotland wing of the A.T.C (Naw Morag ,Air Training Corps,no Ardrussan Toon Cooncil), in a nationwide thingie at Kilmarnock baths aboot 45 years ago,didnae win,but got a wee pat on the heid and a boattle oh ginger frae the Squadron leader. :D
Shall sook a wee hauf tae ye the night Mac,well done.
Rowanside
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Rowanside »

Haw Betty,a man went tae the Doc,he hud a strawberry grawin oot his heid,The Doc telt him tae go hame an pit some cream oan it :D
mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by mckay47 »

Rowanside wrote:,a man went tae the Doc,he hud a strawberry grawin oot his heid,The Doc telt him tae go hame an pit some cream oan it
Did he lick himself to death ? :roll:
Betty
arrangazer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by arrangazer »

Do you have any soda scones at your cafe would be just the thing for me today, or a cream bun wi a guid cup o tea.
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

Never been very keen on soda scones. Found the ones I had a bit dry. A bit like 'tattie scones' they are ok in a fry up
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

After an exhaustive review of the literature, I conclude the following on nutrition and health.

1. Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

2. Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than

3. Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

4. Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

5. Germans drink beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than us.

CONCLUSION

Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

Late night musing (part I)
Is it just me or is anyone else concerned about a drift into a "big brother" surveillance society?

"A massive government database holding details of every phone call, e-mail and time spent on the internet by the public is being planned as part of the fight against crime and terrorism."

Other things that get my goat are the infomercials on tv telling us "you can't escape the database". Tv licences - "they know about you"; car tax - "we can crush your car" I don't have a car and I do pay my licence fee but why, why do they have to make these threatening gestures?

And another thing! What is it with all these CCTV surveillance cameras? Do they really prevent crime?

Sure you have an opinion. (Maybe I'm just paranoid?)
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

No, Mac, it's not just you. It seems to me the free west is becoming the countries they are trying to help achieve liberation all the while we are moving into their mindset.... paranoia, government control, maybe the terrorists are achieving their goal?
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

And another thing! What is it with all these CCTV surveillance cameras? Do they really prevent crime?

Sure you have an opinion. (Maybe I'm just paranoid?)[/quote]
All that the cctv cameras have done is shifted the crime away from the main streets and shopping areas to the residential areas where residents get on with it without reporting which keeps the national stats on reported crime down
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
mckay47
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by mckay47 »

Mac wrote:And another thing! What is it with all these CCTV surveillance cameras? Do they really prevent crime?
Mac wrote:Other things that get my goat are the infomercials on tv telling us "you can't escape the database". Tv licences - "they know about you"; car tax - "we can crush your car" I don't have a car and I do pay my licence fee but why, why do they have to make these threatening gestures?
Do they really say "we can crush your car"!!!! I never saw that infomercial when I was there!
I think a big part of it is that they have this capability and so they use it, simply because they can, and the powers that be, become more powerful, and the person in the street more vulnerable, how does the average law abiding citizen win?.
Morag is right too, I think the terrorist are probably real happy with the climate they have helped create, and all the time, they are figuring out ways arround the latest security and technology....scary stuff!!
Betty
Mac
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Mac »

mckay47 wrote:Do they really say "we can crush your car"!!!! I never saw that infomercial when I was there!
Yes they do! :evil: Watch it here