Queensland Reunion 2005

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Queensland Reunion 2005

Post by gnyaff »

We are now into 2005 and the reunion has now popped up on the horizon. Saturday 27th August was the agreed date that suited most. I have been looking at accomodation on the North side of Brisbane and the only Motel I can find that has a dining room is the Carseldine Palms Motel. They have a restaurant and a small private room adjoining the dining room where they could accommodate us. It also has an open air swimming pool, though I doubt if that will be used much in August. There are other motels in the area but they do not have dining fcilities.
The prices are as follows.
Standard Single $105.00
Standard Double/twin $109.00
Standard Triple $124.00

Executive Single $108.00
Executive Double/twin $118.00

These prices do not include breakfast, which is around $9.00 per head.

The reason for the north side is that it's then not too far from our place where we will be having our traditional Scottish Sunday Morning Breakfast. Irene and Jimmy Dickie are definate starters, Irene has promised another of her Clootie Dumplings for that morning.
Let me have you names if you are coming and what accommodation you are arranging. I know some of you will be here on holiday and we are also hoping to meet up with some of the locals as well.

Wee Boney

P.S. The Big Wummin will be serving the porridge oot the pink barra.[/b]
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi John,

Betty and I will be at the reunion. Can you put us down for a standard double for Friday and Saturday nights. We'll be having a Sunshine Coast holiday before or after the reunion so that should work in well. Enjoyed meeting everyone at the last reunion. Hughie
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Hi John.
Can you book Bobby and I for the Excecutive Double for the Sat. Night only. We will be like Betty and Hugh and have a Sunshine Coast holiday following the reunion.
Thank you. Netta.
Looking forward to seeing the pink barra!!!
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

REUNION UPDATE

Post by gnyaff »

So far we have ten and a half people and a Clootie Dumpling coming up fotr the reunion. Sally and George have been in touch from Tasmania and want to be definate starters. Sarah MaCateer, are you and Margaret T going to join us. Margaret's sister only lives half an hour up the road.

What about all the local Brisbanites, maybe some of them could come out of the woodwork and join us. We have even had one threat from Canada, but I don't think the Canadian Buses go that far.

Wee Boney
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Hi Boney,
Most definately will be coming, cant book as yet, cause Marg. will be
holidaying with her sister, and I will be on holiday at the gold coast with my friend Jan who stays there, Jan is from Saltcoats, and is planning
to come also. We may even bring her husband, who comes from
Edinburgh lf the three towners don't mind... will book as soon as we get our heads together. We actually brought our holiday forward so as
we could join everyone for that weekend.
Will be in touch Regards
Sarah McAteer
joromomi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by joromomi »

lHi Boney,if Irene Park or Barbara Mc Alpine are at your reunion please tell them Joyce from Canada said hello.
Hope you all have a rerr terr and don't get to 'fu', or else you''l have to go hame in the barra. ......................Bye ..Joyce
johnboy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by johnboy »

Hi Joyce,John Mc Master here,I am Barbara.s husband,just to let you know that we still see Irene and her husband very regurarly.Every thing going well we will be at the reunion up in Queensland,though coming from the lovely town of Kilwinning I feel like an imposter,still they all forgive me for that.I am typing this on Hughies machine as we are over at his place having a quiet night.Barbara says hello,and she will contact you sometime herself,dont hold your breath.cheerio for now.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Reunion

Post by Sarah »

Hi John,
Jan and myself will be at the reunion, Jan has looked into the hotel on the web, the excutive single has 3beds in it, so we would like you book
us in to that one just for the Saturday night, Jan's husband is not coming, and Im leaving Big John at home to look after the cat.
Looking forward to it.
Regards Sarah
maggie
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by maggie »

Hi John about the reunion I am hoping to be there as I will have my holiday with my sister I think she would like to be there also but I cannot contact her at the moment as her family is in Coolum from Oberon can I get back to you next week some time. I am having a lot of work done at the back at the moment I have four barrows but they are not pink say hello to the big wummin

Margaret Templeton
salgeouk
Settling In
Settling In

Post by salgeouk »

Hi John.
Can you book George and I for the Excecutive Double for the Sat. Night only. We will be like the rest of them and have a Sunshine Coast holiday following the reunion. Great to see you taking charge!! Sally O xxx
Frank Gallagher
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Frank Gallagher »

salgeouk wrote:Hi John.
Can you book George and I for the Excecutive Double for the Sat. Night only. We will be like the rest of them and have a Sunshine Coast holiday following the reunion. Great to see you taking charge!! Sally O xxx
Frank Wrote : 22/01/2005

G'day Sally and George ,
Welcome onboard ................. :D :D

Sorry I didn't recognise " salgeouk " as oor very ain
Scots Tasmanians ... great tae hear fae ye !

Lookin' forwared tae catchin' up wae ye a' at the reunion ... ( God Willing )
Also :Betty-Netta-Sarah-Margaret-Sally and oor (Jet Settin') Josephine ...

A think us fellas are oot numbered !!!

p.s. Did George buy ye yon bunch o' flowers ?

Take Care
God Bless
Frank G.
" AVANICEDAY " Frank G.
1) Hae a squint in the mirror an' gie yersel' a smile , If ye smile back yer no' deid!
2) Gie some'dy a hug ! Kiss a wean or an auld person ! and say a wee prayer for some'dy ye'd like tae strangle!
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

REUNION UPDATE No.2

Post by gnyaff »

So far the definites booked for the hotel are:-

Hughie and Betty Friday and Saturday double room.
Netta and Bobby Saturday only executive double room.
Sarah and Jan Saturday only executive single room.
Sally and George Saturday only executive double room.

As yet I have not given them any definite numbers, I will go down this weekend and book them. There is a 5% deposit on all bookings, I will take care of that and we can fix it up when you get here.

Jim and Irene Dickie will be slumming it with the big wummin and me.
I spoke to them yesterday and asked them to confirm if the McMasters are coming as they will want booking in. Margaret T and her sister will let me know and we can fix them up as well. Though they might drive home on the Saturday night as it only about 3/4 of an hour away.
Hopefully our numbers will increase, Frank will let us know nearer the date, then there is Josephine and the Moose Heid (does that count as two?) Anyway we have 7 months to go. I think I have got another couple (see Posting Barbara Mathieson)

Wee Boney