Fifa World Cup 2022

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Fifa World Cup 2022

Post by brian f »

Hughie wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:16 pm Hi Brian,
Went to bed early and got up for the kick-off ⚽ at 2am here Melbourne time. Very impressed with big Harry Souter in defence and a very disciplined game by the whole team. Their next next opponents are Argentina 6am here on Sunday - that's 7pm Saturday night in the UK. Who knows what will happen next. :smt102 :puter
Well good luck Hughie, hope you don't choke on the vegemite. Probably depends on what "Argentina" turn's up..but whatever what an achievement .

As for the winning goal for Japan last night against Spain... I was confused last night and woke up this morning still confused. :roll:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

I have never heard of this rule Brian, to me the baw was clearly out.....
Those wimin were in the nip.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 pm I have never heard of this rule Brian, to me the baw was clearly out.....
Correct, bonzo- I have now learned a new word "Curvature"

The curvature of a curve is, roughly speaking, the rate at which that curve is turning. Since the tangent line or the velocity vector shows the direction of the curve, this means that the curvature is, roughly, the rate at which the tangent line or velocity vector is turning.

Whatever that means....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:13 pm
bonzo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:34 pm I have never heard of this rule Brian, to me the baw was clearly out.....
Correct, bonzo- I have now learned a new word "Curvature"

The curvature of a curve is, roughly speaking, the rate at which that curve is turning. Since the tangent line or the velocity vector shows the direction of the curve, this means that the curvature is, roughly, the rate at which the tangent line or velocity vector is turning.

Whatever that means....
Hahaha, you've just exploded my head all over a train window //funny too much to take in .
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

A couple of days off. Looking forward to the quarter- final games.

Friday December 9
Croatia vs Brazil - Kick-off 3pm
Netherlands vs Argentina - Kick-off 7pm

Saturday December 10
Morocco vs Portugal - Kick-off 3pm
England vs France - Kick-off 7pm
All (GMT) times
So down to 8 who do you fancy?
⚽⚽⚽⚽
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

It's still Brazil for me, and I think England will struggle with France. If I'm wrong on the latter, things could become very, very interesting.
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:23 pm It's still Brazil for me, and I think England will struggle with France. If I'm wrong on the latter, things could become very, very interesting.
Played the Grey man Penny Tray. At the moment working. interesting..
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Brian,

I've said BRAZIL from day one, and I think their opponents in the final will be FRANCE, effectively meaning, I don't think England will win on Saturday.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:57 am Brian,

I've said BRAZIL from day one, and I think their opponents in the final will be FRANCE, effectively meaning, I don't think England will win on Saturday.
Well i hope you are proved correct Penny Tray
What i meant was England came into this World cup- very low key following poor results recently including the 4-0 home defeat against the Hungarians in the summer.
I don't think Barry and Henry from the Shires etc gave them much chance and some shouted for Southgate to get his P45.No flags flying from the cars around the estates not a lot to tell you the truth. But this seems to be working for the team .. i actually thought Senegal would have beat them, but what do i know... :lol:

"hurray for France"

I will stick by Argentina.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Bang goes my theory about the winners :lol:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

You've got to marvel at Croatia, a country with a smaller population ours, a national league that is no great shakes, but when it comes to international football.....wow.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Well Brian you got your wish. Was never happy with this world Cup it just didn't stand right with me but what a final, absolutely superb. Glad to see Messi getting his hands on cup. Got a feeling it will be back in the middle east in 2030. Money talks :wink: