Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

For those researching family in the three towns area.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

Post by down south »

Continuing the In Memoriam notices from 19th May 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

GORDON - In loving memory of my dear wife, Elizabeth, and our mother and gran, died 25th May 1970.
Happy memories, treasured ever,
Of days when we were all together.
Inserted by her loving husband, Jimmy, and Betty, 39 James Street, Dalry.

She lived for those she loved,
And those she loved remember.
Inserted by her loving daughter Agnes, Sam and Morag.

To hide my sorrow I always try,
I smile with others, alone I cry,
A thousand tomorrows I would give,
If only God had let you live.
Inserted by her loving daughter, Netta, and Jim.

Forgive me Lord if I should weep,
For a wonderful mother I could not keep,
These words are written with deep regret,
From the heart of a daughter, who will never forget.
Inserted by her loving daughter , Margaret, Jimmy and Donna.

Silent thoughts, sincere and true,
From a son who thought the world of you.
Inserted by loving son Billy, and Janice.

JOHNSTON - In loving memory of my dear mother, Margaret Hollas Johnston, died 16th May 1971.
Always remembered.
Inserted by her loving son James, daughter-in-law Mary, and family.

KING - In loving memory of my dear father, Mathew King, died 17th May 1967; also my dear mother, Flora McEwan King, died 7th June 1945; and loved ones gone before.
Ever in our thoughts.
Marion, Robert and family, 30 Montgomerie Terrace, Kilwinning.

LIVINGSTONE - In loving memory of my dear husband, Tom Livingstone, died 13th May 1967.
Lovingly remembered always.
Inserted by his wife and family, 50 Ninian's Terrace, Kilwinning.

McBETH - In loving memory of my dear mother, Jane Gillespie Dunn, died 19th May 1958; also loved ones gone before and after.
Treasured memories.
Mary.

McCABE - In loving memory of our dear son Raymond Melvin, died 19th May 1964, aged 6 years 4 months.
To hide our sorrow we always try,
We laugh with others, alone we cry,
Life must go on, we know that's true,
But it's not the same since we lost you.
Inserted by mum and dad.

Safe in God's keeping.
Brother Derek, sisters Diane and Celia.

McLELLAN - In loving memory of my husband and our father, William D McLellan, who died 21st May 1968.
Inserted by his wife, Palmira, daughter Wilma, and son Bryson, 37 Fullarton Street, Irvine.

Always in our thoughts.
Inserted by daughter Nadia, son-in-law Matthew, grandchildren Andrew, Kenneth and Pamela, Kilwinning.

Always remembered.
Inserted by daughter Andreina, son-in-law Alex, and granddaughter Kerri.

In remembrance of my dear son, William D McLellan, died 21st May 1968.
Fondly remembered.
Inserted by his mother and Jock, 93 Stockbridge Crescent, Kilbirnie.

Cherished memories of my dear brother, William D McLellan, died 21st May 1968.
God's greatest gift, remembrance.
Inserted by Margaret and Benjamin Salt, 16 Knoxville Road, Kilbirnie.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The remainder of the In Memoriam entries from 19th May 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

MORRISON - In loving memory of my dear mother Jane Stewart Morrison, died 15th May 1971; also my father, James Reid Morrison, died 22nd October 1937; also loved ones gone before.
They say it's a wonderful journey,
From the old world to the new,
Sometime I'll take that journey,
Because it leads to you.
Inserted by Mary.

God stood that night beside your bed,
These are the words he must have said,
You suffered more than you can stand,
Now come with me to a better land.
Inserted by daughter Liz, son-in-law Jim.

Your memory is our keepsake,
With which we'll never part,
God has you in His keeping,
But we have you in our hearts.
Inserted by grand-daughters Margaret and Elizabeth, 114 Corsehill, Kilwinning.

PORTER - In loving memory of my dear husband, who died 20th May 1971.
In silence he suffered,
In patience he bore,
Till God called him home,
To suffer no more.
Inserted by his loving wife and family, 53 Braidwood Road, Kilwinning.

In loving memory of my dear father, died 20th May 1971.
Always in our thoughts.
Inserted by his loving daughter Christina, son-in-law Sam, Archie and Fiona, 69 Broomlands Drive, Irvine.

REID - Treasured memories of my wife and our mother, Margaret ( Peggy ) McAulay,who died 18th May 1967. RIP.
Inserted by James and family, 24 Auchenharvie Road, Saltcoats.

TORLEY - In fond remembrance of our father, Thomas, who died 15th May 1970; and loved ones gone before.
In a chapel where we used to pray,
A candle is lit for you today.
Inserted by his wife Marion.

We shall meet again in a brighter land,
Where farewell is never spoken,
We will clasp each other hand in hand,
And the chain shall not be broken.
Inserted by family, Stevenston, Kilmarnock, and London.

WARNOCK - In loving memory of my dear brother James, who died 15th May 1971.
There is a long and winding road,
Along which each must go,
It leads beyond the hill of time,
Into the sunset glow.
But only for a little while,
Our loved ones leave our sight,
For just beyond the hill they wait,
In God's eternal light.
Inserted by his loving sister, Agnes, 59 Baidland Avenue, Dalry.

WHITEFORD - In loving memory of my dear husband, William Whiteford, died 18th May 1968.
Time is gently passing by,
But love and memories never die.
Inserted by his loving wife, 6 Muirend Street, Kilbirnie.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Beginning the BMD entries for 16th June 1972 now, with the Births.

BIRTHS

ANDREWS - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 4th June 1972, to Malcolm and Patricia ( Provan ), 30 Courthill Street, Dalry, a son ( Iain Malcolm ); both well; thanking Dr McDonald and all in attendance.

CHALMERS - At Central Hospital, on 3rd June 1972, to Jackie and Maureen ( nee Docherty ), 61 Simson Avenue, West Kilbride, a daughter ( Tracey Dorothy ); both well.

DUNLOP - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 10th June 1972, to Robert and Marion ( Henry ), a daughter, Lorraine Mary.

GIBSON - On 1st June 1972, at Ayrshire Central Hospital, to Robin and Joyce Gibson ( nee Whiteman ), a son , Robin Cameron ; thanking doctors and nurses in attendance.

NEIL - George and Nan ( McMeekin ) are delighted to announce the arrival of their chosen son, Craig George, 179 Rullion Road, Pennicuik, Midlothian.

NICHOL - At Salisbury, Rhodesia, on 12th June 1972, to Stewart and Heather ( nee Bridges ), a daughter, a sister for Stewart; both well.

REID - At Scarborough Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario, on the 5th June 1972, to Marie and Bryan, a son; brother for Paula.

SMYTH - At Princess Mary Hospital, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, on 5th June 1972, to Tommy and Ann ( Milligan ), a daughter; both well; a sister for Maureen.

WHITE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 9th June 1972, to David and Mary ( McGurk ), the birth of a son ( Paul ); thanking all in attendance. 166 Campbell Avenue, Stevenston.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The Engagements now from 16th June 1972.

ENGAGEMENTS

ARMSTRONG - MAUCHLINE - Both families are happy to announce the engagement of Ronnie, only son of Mr Alex Armstrong, Flatt Road, Largs and of Mrs Grace McNamara, Harbour Street, Ardrossan,to Lesley, daughter of Mr and Mrs Mauchline, Castle Drive, West Kilbride.

BEVERIDGE - BREMNER - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of Douglas, elder son of Mr and Mrs J Beveridge, 4 Rowalin Crescent, Prestwick, to Jan, only daughter of Mrs M Bremner, 16 Welbeck Crescent, Troon, and the late Mr A Bremner.

HOUGH - McKELVEY - The engagement is announced between Brian, eldest son of Mr and Mrs A Hough, 6 Greenfoot, Kilwinning, and Katherine, second daughter of Mr and Mrs J McKelvey, 10 Queen Street, Kilwinning.

MILLS- HAMILTON - It is with pleasure the engagement is announced of Sandy Mills, MA, LLB, son of the late Mr G Mills and of Mrs M Mills, 18 New Road, Chapelton, Lanarkshire, and Eileen Isla Hamilton, younger daughter of the late Mr J Hamilton and of Mrs M D B Hamilton, 8 Corse Terrace, West Kilbride, Ayrshire.

MILNE - PROUSE - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of Ian, elder son of Mr and Mrs William Milne, 18 Ailsa Gardens, Ardrossan, to Sadie, third daughter of Mrs Helen Prouse and the late Mr Charles Prouse, 174 High Road, Saltcoats.

MITCHELL - AIRD - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of Gordon, only son of Mr and Mrs A Mitchell, 48 Paterson Avenue, Irvine, to Margaret, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs J Aird, 3 Oakland Drive, Stevenston.

MORRISON - MAXWELL - Mr and Mrs Robert J McD Maxwell, Greville, Winton Street, Saltcoats, have much pleasure in announcing the engagement of their daughter Frances, to George, son of Mrs Barbara Morrison and the late Mr James Morrison, St Brigids, Seamill.

STRACHAN - GUTHRIE - Both families have pleasure in announcing the engagement of James, son of Mr and Mrs Daniel Strachan, 31 Anderson Drive, Saltcoats, and Margaret, daughter of the late Mr Allan Guthrie and Mrs Janet Guthrie, 38 Galt Avenue, Irvine.

TENNANT - INNES - Both familes have pleasure in announcing the engagement of David, only son of Mrs M Tennant and the late Mr J Tennant, 8 Innerwood Road, Kilwinning, to Anne, only daughter of Mr and Mrs D Innes, 14 Evelyn Terrace, Kilwinning.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first half of the weddings now from 16th June 1972.

MARRIAGES

AITKEN - ROSS - At Kingcase Parish Church, Prestwick Toll, on 26th May 1972, by the Rev James Logan, James McGregor, only son of Mr and Mrs E Aitken, 70 Boydfield Avenue, Prestwick, to Janice, only daughter of Mr and Mrs H Ross, 9 Whiteside Road, Prestwick.

BROWN - PRESTON - At Dreghorn and Pearston Old Parish Church, on 3rd June 1972, by the Rev W Stuart Dunn, LTh, Ian Less, second son of Mr and Mrs A Brown, 10 Warwickhill Road, Bonnyton, and Maureen Armour, second daughter of Mr and Mrs J Preston, 2 Hemphill View, Knockentiber.

CUNNINGHAM - NOTMAN - At Grange Church, Kilmarnock, on 10th June 1972, by the Rev G Marr, assisted by the Rev T Murphy, James, eldest son of Mr and Mrs T Cunningham, 20 Anderson Drive, Irvine, to Mary, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs W Notman, 60 Newlands Drive, Onthank.

ESPIE - DOUNEGHEY - At Parish Church, Troon, on Friday 26th May 1972, James Campbell, son of Mr and Mrs James Espie, 16 Rylands, Prestwick, to Irene, only daughter of Mr and Mrs Robert Douneghey, 29 Walker Avenue, Troon.

HUGHES - HARRIS - At Park Parish Church, Ardrossan, on 10th June 1972, by the Rev George B Wilson, John, the only son of Mr and Mrs J Hughes, 49 Sharon Street, Dalry, to Elizabeth, only daughter of Mrs J Harris and the late Mr J Harris, 44 Dalry Road, Ardrossan.

INNES - McTAGGART - At Abbey Church, Kilwinning, on 10th June 1972, by the Rev Wilbur C Lavalette, Norman, second son of Mr and Mrs Wm Innes, 32 Ayr Road, Irvine, and Margaret, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs T McTaggart, 17 Keir Hardie Crescent, Kilwinning.

KERR - WILSON - At Springside Evangelical Church, Springside, on 3rd June 1972, by Rev Robert Y T McIntyre, Alexander, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Alexander Kerr, 62 Overtoun Road, Springside, to Margaret, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs Andrew Wilson, 4 Holms Avenue, Dreghorn.

LAMONT - MARTIN - At St George's Church, Dumfries, on 10th June 1972, by the Rev Stuart Pryce, William McKenzie, only son of Mr and Mrs George Lamont, 26 Pirnmill Road, Saltcoats, to Kathleen Dobie, only daughter of Mr Michael Martin and the late Mrs Martin, 82 Armour Drive, Summerhill, Dumfries.

LAWRENCE - LOVE - At Portland Church, Troon, on 8th June 1972, by the Rev J Gordon Grant, BD, assisted by the Rev J McGill, MA, St Ninian's Church, Troon, Peter John, eldest son of Mr and Mrs J H Lawrence, Woodles, Dundonald Road, Troon, to Hazel Jane Daye, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs D A Love, Shuna, Gailes Road, Troon .

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the June brides from 16th June 1972, and the wedding anniversaries.

MARRIAGES ( concluded )

LINDSAY - McCLEARY - At St Andrew's Parish Church, on 9th June 1972, by Rev John Harris, David Jeffrey, elder son of Mr and Mrs D Lindsay, 20 St Joan's Crescent, Kilwinning, to Margo, only daughter of Mr and Mrs A W McCleary, 8 Bruce Terrace, Irvine.

MORRISON - McMILLAN - At Landsborough and Trinity Church, Saltcoats, on the 27th May 1972, by the Rev D G Weir, David Iain, only son of Mr and Mrs D Morrison, 3 Sandra Place, Saltcoats, to Jean, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs J McMillan, 89 Trelawney Terrace, Kilwinning.

PEDEN - HACKETT - At Ardrossan Barony Church, on 9th June 1972, by the Rev James Ewing, MA, BD, Matthew Young, youngest son of Mr and Mrs A D Peden, No 5 Smallholding, Greenhead, Stevenston, to Linda Margaret,only daughter of Mr and Mrs H A Hackett, 3 Eglinton Square, Ardrossan.

SMYTH - McALLISTER - Ay Castlehill Parish Church, Ayr, on 3rd June 1972, by Rev M M Dickie, BSc, James, only son of Mrs S Smyth, 6 Fullarton Avenue, Dundonald, and of the late Mr W Smyth, to Joyce, only daughter of Mr J McAllister, 106 Glendale Crescent, Ayr, and of the late Mr A McAllister.

TEMPLETON - McAUSLAN - At Livingstone Parish Church, Stevenston, on 2nd June 1972, by the Rev Iain Roy, MA, BD, Walter James, younger son of Mr and Mrs W Templeton, Glenlaugh Farm, Auldgirtt, to Christine Anne Ren, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs F N McAuslan, Archdale, High Road, Stevenston.

WATSON - CRAIG - At Erskine Church, Kilwinning, on 3rd June 1972, by Rev Charles Hill, Thomas, younger son of Mr and Mrs T Watson, 21 Fleming Terrace, Irvine, to Johnann, elder daughter of Mr and Mrs W Craig, 23 River Walk, Kilwinning.

SILVER WEDDINGS

HUTCHISON - CRICHTON - At King's Arms Hotel, Irvine, on 11th June 1947, by the Rev William R Kerr, Francis Reginald Hutchison to to Martha Crichton. Present address : 29 Mount View, Dreghorn.

GOLDEN WEDDINGS

IRVING - SPEIRS - At 14 Hill Street, Irvine, on 16th June 1922, by the ( late ) Rev James Wishart, BD, George Irving to Janet Howie Speirs. Present address : 20 Clark Drive, Irvine.

DIAMOND WEDDINGS

McDONALD - McILWRAITH - At Stevenston Parish Church Manse, on 13th June 1912, by the Rev R J Kyd, William McDonald to Helen McIlwraith. Present address : Craig View, Shore Road, Stevenston.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting on the Deaths now from the Herald of 16th June 1972. With also some Acknowledgements from that week and 30th June.

DEATHS

BENSON - Suddenly, in Niagara Falls, on 7th June 1972, in Memorial Medical Centre, Daniel, of 1650 York Avenue, Memphis, Tennessee, beloved husband of Martha A Benson, and last surviving son of the late Mr and Mrs Daniel Benson.

CASHMORE - Peacefully, at at 14 Craufurd Crescent, Barrmill, on 10th June 1972, Samuel Cashmore, aged 69 years, beloved husband of Janet Young Smith.
Acknowledgements : Mrs J Cashmore and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes and sympathy cards received in their recent sad bereavement; Drs W and A Jamieson and nurse Porter for kind attention; Rev A Dunlop for services rendered; and J and R Smith for funeral arrangements. 14 Craufurd Crescent, Barrmill.

DEANS - Suddenly, at 4 Bellard Road, West Kilbride, on Saturday 10th June 1972, Harriet S Chapman, beloved wife of David Deans. No letters please.

DENHOLM - Passed peacefully away, at 22 Thorntree Avenue, Beith, on 4th June 1972, Alexander Denholm, aged 65 years, beloved husband of Margaret Frew and dear father of George and father-in-law of Betty and a beloved grandfather.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Margaret Denholm and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes and kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent sad bereavement; Dr Arthur Jamieson for kind attention; Major Napier and Brigadier Tucker for services rendered. 22 Thorntree Avenue, Beith.

EDGAR - At 2 Links Road, Saltcoats, on 8th June 1972, Cecelia Kilpatrick, aged 88 years, beloved wife of the late James Edgar.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Cecelia Edgar wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; special thanks to Rev J Robertson for spiritual comfort and faithful visitation; doctors Smith and Leahy, and J T Battersby; also Mr McMaster for funeral arrangements. 2 Links Road, Saltcoats, Ayrshire.

FORSYTH - At Cleland Hospital, on 12th June 1972, Robert, dearly loved husband of Jean Wilson Kelly, 43 Small Crescent, Blantyre.
Thy will be done.

HOGG - At Ballochmyle Hospital, on 11th June 1972, Herbert Hogg, beloved husband of Elsie Knowles, 2 Claremont Crescent, Kilwinning.

HYSLOP - At Ballochmyle Hospital, on 11th June 1972, Sarah Clark, beloved wife of the late Michael Hyslop, 3 Fleming Terrace, Irvine.

KERR - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 8th June 1972, Mary Ferguson Morgan, aged 64 years, beloved wife of Angus Kerr.
Acknowledgements : Mr Angus Kerr wishes to thank friends, neighbours and Queen of Scots Hosiery for their lovely wreaths and flowers in his recent bereavement. 158 Clark Drive, Irvine.

McINNES - At Ballochmyle Hospital, Mauchline, on 7th June 1972, Catherine Dumphy, aged 68 years, of 253 Dickson Drive, Irvine, beloved wife of the late John McInnes.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Catherine McInnes wish to return sincere thanks to relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; also doctors and nursing staff, Ballochmyle Hospital, Mauchline; and Rev Harris for kind attention and services rendered; Mr Lawless, SCWS, for funeral arrangements. 81 Morar Place, Irvine.

NEIL - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 11th June 1972, Elizabeth Innes, age 44 years, beloved wife of William Neil, 66 Kirkhall Drive, Ardrossan.

Susan
Last edited by down south on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Deaths from 16th June 1972.

DEATHS ( concluded )

O'MALLEY - Suddenly, at a Home in Kilmarnock, Patrick, late of 15 Lawfield Avenue, West Kilbride. Funeral to West Kilbride Cemetery today Friday at 10am; friends desirous of attending please meet cortege at Cemetery gates.

PARK - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 9th June 1972, Elizabeth Park, in her 71st year, beloved daughter of the late Mr and Mrs Robert Park, 70 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

PATERSON - As the result of an accident, on 10th June 1972, James, aged 36 years, husband of Mary Quayle, 26 Sharp Avenue, Dreghorn.

ROBERTSON - Suddenly, at his home in Leicester, on 7th June, Andrew, dear husband of Hermine, much loved brother of Agnes, youngest and last surviving son of the late Mr and Mrs David Robertson, Burgh Surveyor, Saltcoats.

ROONEY - At her home, 10 Byres Road, Kilwinning, on 12th June 1972, Mary Shedden Christie, aged 82 years, beloved wife of the late Peter Rooney, At rest.

TIMPANY - At 106 Clark Drive, Irvine, on 10th June 1972, William Timpany, aged 56 years, beloved son of Mr and Mrs Matthew Gillies.

WELSH - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 9th June 1972, James Welsh, aged 69 years, beloved husband of Agnes Keary, 42 Mair Avenue, Dalry.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Agnes Welsh and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes and kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent sad bereavement; local doctors, and doctors and nurses of Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, for kind attention; Rev Kirkland for services rendered; SCWS for funeral arrangements. 42 Mair Avenue, Dalry.

YOUNG - At Ballochmyle Hospital, on 10th June 1972, Ronald Fleming Young, aged 67 years ( retired banker ), 5 West Doura Avenue, Saltcoats.

YOUNG - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 10th June 1972, William Young BSc, aged 43 years, dearly loved son of Mr and Mrs Jas S Young, 46 Alexander Avenue, Stevenston, dear brother of Mae, Stewart and Vicky.

YOUNG - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 10th June 1972, William Young, aged 43 years, beloved husband of Joan Crooks and dear daddy of Susan, Lindsay and Allison, 77 High Road, Saltcoats.

Note that these last two entries are for the same person; also that an obituary for him appears at viewtopic.php?p=127280#p127280

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Some of the remaining Acknowledgements from 16th June 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

BEVERIDGE - Mrs Beveridge and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy, and also to local doctors; and the nursing staff at Kilmarnock Infirmary. 6 Kennedy Road, Saltcoats.

CAMPBELL - Mrs Janet Campbell wishes to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for floral tributes received in her recent sad bereavement; also local doctors and nurses for kind attention; and Rev A Dunlop for services rendered; and J&R Smith for funeral arrangements. 3 Burnside Cottage, Gateside, Beith.

CARRIGAN - Mrs Carrigan wishes to thank Drs Garven and Jack; Charles Glen and workers; doctors and nurses of Kilmarnock Infirmary; SCWS for funeral arrangements; and Eglinton Arms Hotel for catering. 48 Fleming Terrace, Irvine.

COEY - Mrs E Coey and family sincerely thank all relaives and friends for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also Rev G Weir; SCWS for funeral arrangements; and all who attended Ayr Crematorium.

DOWNIE - The family of the late Mrs Janet Downie wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for mass cards and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; local doctors and nurses; Father Mathews ; and Mr Hawthorn of Co-operative for funeral arrangements. 44 Briery Court, Kilbirnie.

FORBES - Mrs Forbes and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours old and new for their kind expressions of sympathy and mass cards received in their recent bereavement; with special thanks to the nursing sisters, Ardrossan; doctors Smith, Leahy, Harrison and Griffen; and the nursing staff of Pavilion 11, Central Hospital, Irvine; Rena, Betty, Olive, Bill, Rose, Josie, Anne, Gifford, Eddie, Mr Walker, Andy, Mr and Mrs Hadden, for their kindness during Mr Forbes' illness; Rev H Kirkwood for services rendered; and Mr W G McMaster for funeral arrangements. 39 Old Raise Road, Saltcoats.

HOWARD - Mrs M Howard and family wish to thank relatives, friends, neighbours,Troon Navigation No 86 and Royal Arch 575, for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement, and to all who attended the service at the cemetery; also Dr Krauthamer; doctors and nurses of Ayr County Hospital; the Rev David Hamilton; Mr A D Kellie; and Mr William MacKinnon for their kindness;and Mr K Cowan for funeral arrangements. 73 North Shore Road, Troon.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Acknowledgements from 16th June 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ( concluded )

KERR - Mr and Mrs Archie Kerr and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and lovely floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; also " friends in Queen of Scots " ; Irvine Meadow Social Club and Delta Bar; Iona Hosiery for their kindness and understanding; also Irvine and Saltcoats Police; special thanks to Constables Stokes and Bingham for their thoughtfulness and sympathy; and the many friends for their visits, letters and cards during our long ordeal; thanks also to Rev J Harris for comfort and services rendered; and Mr Donaldson, Saltcoats, for funeral arrangements; and all Dale's many friends who attended the graveside. 70 Fleming Terrace, Irvine.

MACDONALD - The family of the late Jim Macdonald wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for for kind expressions of sympathy, cards and letters received in their recent bereavement; also Mr H Graham for kindness shown; to all his workmates who paid their last respects at the graveside; thanks to Dr P McInnes and the REv J Houston and the Co-op for funeral arrangements. 19 Keir Hardie Drive, Kilbirnie.

McGILL - Mr William McGill and family would like to thank relatives, neighbours and friends for their sympathy cards and floral tributes in their recent sad bereavement; also neighbours of Cherrywood Drive; workers and staff of Anderson Stewart Castings; workers of Arrow Door Sections ( Chrysler ); and Dr E Hunter; and Mr W Smith for funeral arrangements. 36 Chestnut Avenue, Beith.

McLELLAND - The family of Jessie W McLelland wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received during their sad bereavement; also family doctors for kind attention; the Rev R U G Williamson for services rendered; and W Lang for funeral arrangements. Creemore, Geirston Road, Kilbirnie.

McLELLAN - The family of the late Mrs McLellan wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also nurses and staff of Ravenspark Hospital, Stevenston Town Council, Rev A Knox for services rendered and A W Blair for funeral arrangements. 62 Lundholm Road, Stevenston.

MILLER - Mrs J Miller and family wish to thank friends, neighbours and workmates from Hysters, also thanks to Fusehead Department, ICI; Mr Steel Tudhope for all the help he gave in our sad bereavement; also thanks to Mr Reid for funeral arrangements; and the Rev J Roy for services rendered. 53 Keir Hardie Crescent, Kilwinning.

MILLER - The family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; also West Kilbride Police for their help; And Rev J W Goudie for services rendered. 14 Coldstream, West Kilbride.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting the In Memoriam entries from 16th June 1972.

IN MEMORIAM

BEHAN - In loving memory of my dear mother, Ellen O'Toole, died 18th June 1971; also my father, died 21st April 1946.
Always remembered.
Inserted by son, John, Jean and family.

BOYD - In loving memory of our darling daughter, Helen, died 18th June 1965, aged 18 years.
If we could have one dream fulfilled,
One prayer that could come true,
We would pray to God with all our hearts,
For yesterday and you.
Goodnight Helen.
Inserted by ever sorrowing mother and father, 46 Greenhead Avenue, Stevenston.

CROSSAN - In loving memory of my dear wife , Mary, mother to David and Susanne, died 15th June 1971.
It does not need a special day,
To bring you to our minds,
For days without a thought of you,
Are very hard to find.
They say in time you do forget,
For some that may be true,
But no morning breaks, no night returns,
Without a thought of you.
Inserted by her loving husband David and family, 20 Nethermiln Road, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of our dear sister and auntie, Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
God watched you as you suffered,
He knew you had your share,
He gently closed your weary eyes,
And took you in his care.
Inserted by Margaret and John O'Rourke and family, 16 Nethermiln Road, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of our dear friend Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
God saw that she was weary,
The hill was hard to climb,
So he closed her weary eyes,
And whispered peace be thine.
Inserted by Betty and Robert Byrne and family, 12 Kirkton Avenue, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of auntie, Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
The brightest star in the sky tonight,
Is aunty Mary saying goodnight.
Inserted by her " wee flower " and nephew, John Gardiner, 21 Tarbert Avenue, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of our dear sister and auntie, Mary Crossan, who died 15th JUne 1971.
Take her in your arms dear Lord,
And cherish her with care,
Make up for all she suffered,
And all that was unfair.
While angels keep their watch up there,
Dear Lord please let her know,
That we down here do not forget,
We love and miss her so.
Inserted by Jean, Jimmy O'Rourke and family, 30 Nethermiln Road, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of our dear mother, Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
You loved us mum when we were small,
Watch over us as we grow tall.
Inserted by Davie and Susan, 10 Highthorne Crescent, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of our dear sister and auntie, Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
We used to sit and talk awhile,
When you were feeling blue,
We'd try to cheer you up somehow,
When in our hearts we knew,
God may call at any time,
And we would have to part,
God has you in his keeping,
But you're always in our hearts.
Inserted by Jannette and Jim Gardiner and family, 21 Tarbert Avenue, West Kilbride.

In loving memory of my dear daughter, Mary Crossan, died 15th June 1971.
Only a mother who has lost can say,
What it meant to part that day.
I lived in hope, I prayed in vain,
That God would make you well again.
But He decided we must part,
God took your hand and broke my heart.
Inserted by her loving mother, Catherine O'Rourke, 10 Highthorne Crescent, West Kilbride.

EAGLESON - In loving memory of my dear mother, Annie Eagleson, died 12th June 1966.
We miss you mum, and always will,
Treasure her Lord in your garden of rest,
The mother you gave us was the very best.
inserted by the family circle.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The second batch of In Memoriam notices from 16th June 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

GUILD - In loving memory of my dear wife, Agnes Banks Graham, died 17th June 1967.
Inserted by her loving husband Tommy, also Molly, Ian, Raymond and Linda.

HAMILTON - In loving memory of my dear daughter, Betty, who died 14th June 1971, aged 39 years; also my dear husband, Robert, who died 24th October 1971 aged 64 years; also also my dear sister Nellie ( Howlett ), who died 24th December 1971.
You gave me love in fullest measure,
Care, devotion, and memories to treasure,
You shared my hopes, my joys, my tears,
Thank you Robert for these wonderful years.
My heart still aches with sadness,
My secret tears still flow,
For what it meant to lose you both,
No one will ever know.
Inserted by Mrs Hamilton and son Tom.

HASWELL - In loving memory of our dear brother, Andrew, died 10th June 1966.
In memory's keeping, treasured ever,
Those days when we were all together.
Inserted by his loving sisters, brothers-in-law, nephews and nieces.

HAVLIN - In loving memory of our dear friend ,Jean, died 21st June.
In a garden of love,
No worry, no pain,
God bless you Jean,
Till we meet again.
Annie, Billy and family, 23 River Walk, Kilwinning.

McINTYRE - In loving memory of my dear mother and grandmother, who died on 17th June 1970.
Forever in our thoughts.
Tilda, Willie and family, 6 Murdoch Crescent, Stevenston.

Silent thoughts, sincere and true,
From those who thought the world of you.
Inserted by Nancy, Robert, Mildred, Alex, and great-grandchildren.

In loving memory of our dear mother, Agnes Harris, died 17th June 1970.
Remembered Always.
Inserted by Janet, Jim and family, 21 Misk Knowes, Stevenston.

In loving memory of my dear mother, Agnes Harris, died 17th June 1970.
The gift in this world so precious to share,
Is the love a mother and daughter share,
We shared that love, mother, you and I ,
From the day I was born, till the day you died.
Inserted by Nancy and grandchildren, 3 Arran Court, Stevenston.

She was a mother so very rare,
Content at home,and always there,
Her life was unselfish, for others she lived,
Not to receive, but always give.
Inserted by Sheila, Charlie and family, 46 Hillside Street, Stevenston.

MAXWELL - In loving memory of our dear son, James Maxwell, who died 22nd June 1971.
A face we loved is missing,
A voice we loved is still,
A place is vacant in our hearts,
That never can be filled.
Inserted by his loving father, mother and family, 8 Blacklands Avenue, Kilwinning.

MUIR - In loving memory of our dear daughter and my dear sister, Joanne, died 17th June 1971.
In our hearts for ever you will stay,
Fondly remembered every day.
Inserted by mum, dad and brother John, 44 Keir Hardie Crescent, Kilwinning.

In loving memory of my grand-daughter and our niece, Joanne, aged 18 years, died 17th June 1971.
A little corner in our hearts,
Is set aside for you,
As long as life and memories last,
We will remember you.

In memory of our dear niece, Joanne, died 17th June 1971.
Gone, but never forgotten.
Inserted by James, Ina and family.

Susan