Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

For those researching family in the three towns area.
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Some Herald BMD from the 60s and 70s

Post by down south »

More In Memoriam notices from 7th April 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( continued )

McLAUGHLAN - In loving memory of our dear father, James McLaughlan, died 4th April 1967. RIP.
To lose a father as good as you,
Remains a heartache all life through;
On earth you toiled, in heaven you rest,
God bless you , dad, you were the best.
Inserted by his sons and daughter.

MITCHELL - Treasured memories of my dear husband and our dear father, George Mitchell, who died 6th April 1969.
Remembrance is sweet but sad to recall,
He was loved by us and respected by all.
Inserted by his wife, Elizabeth, and daughter, Mary, 12 Grange Road, Stevenston.

In loving memory of my dear father, who died 6th April 1969.
Always remembered.
Tom, Margaret and family.

In loving memory of my dear dad, who died 6th April 1969.
For you is a special love,
A heart so true and tender;
You did your best for those you loved,
And left us to remember.
Inserted by his loving daughter, Nancy, William and family.

In loving memory of our dear father, George,died 6th April 1969.
His memory is our keepsake,
With which we'll never part;
God has him in his keeping,
We have him in our hearts.
Inserted by Foster, Betty and family.

As time unfolds another year,
Precious memories keep you near;
Time may fly but memories stay,
Loved and remembered every day.
Inserted by Ben, Moira and family.

MORRISON - In loving memory of my dear brother, James Morrison, late of Kilwinning, died 8th April 1967, the result of an accident in Australia.
The time we spent together, Jimmy,
The happy days we knew;
Are lived again so often,
In memory of you.
As long as life and memory last,
i will remember you.
Inserted by his loving sister and family, Irvine.

MORRISON - In loving memory of my dear husband and our father, James, who died on 2nd April 1968.
I cannot halt the hand of time,
Or live again the past;
Within my heart are memories,
That will for ever last.
Inserted by his loving wife, Elizabeth, 27 Dirrans Terrace, Kilwinning.

Wonderful memories, woven in gold,
This is the picture we tenderly hold.
Jim, Margaret and James.

Never more than a thought away,
Tom, Betty, Ruth and Alan.

Weaving through the passing years,
A golden strand of memory.
May, Jim, Elizabeth and Ann.

Time is gently passing by,
But love and memory never die.
Bill, Betty, Ian and Claire.

MUIR - In loving memory of our dear mother, Catherine Allan, died 30th March 1966; also our dear father, John Muir, died 23rd December 1969.
If anyone should ask us,
Why we thought the world of you;
We could give a million answers,
And each one would be true.
Inserted by the family, 32 Weir Road, Ardrossan, and Luton.

MUIR and CAMERON - In loving memory of my dear sisters, Catherine Allan, died 30th March 1966, and Margaret Allan, died 21st February 1963.
My heart still aches with sadness,
My secret tears still flow;
For what it meant to lose you both,
No one will ever know.
Inserted by loving sister, Mary, 16 Broadway, Ardrossan.

NICOL - In loving memory of my sister, Mary, died 6th January 1965; also the rest of the family.
Always remembered.
Inserted by Nan and family, also George.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Completing the In Memoriam notices from 7th April 1972.

IN MEMORIAM ( concluded )

RAINEY - In loving memory of our dear mother, died 4th April 1965; and our dear father, died 27th May 1958;also sister, Vina, died 16th February 1964.
Silent thoughts, sincere and true,
From those who thought the world of you.
Inserted by Nan, Bob and family, 12 Dubbs Road, Stevenston.

ROGERSON - In loving memory of my dear husband and our dear dad, Thomas Rogerson, died 11th April 1971.
He has not really left us,
Nor travelled very far;
Just joined God's angels in heaven,
And left the door ajar.
Inserted by his loving wife Margaret, Diane and David, 12 Elm park, Ardrossan.

Sadly missed along life's way,
Quietly remembered every day.
Inserted by Mary and Tom.

STEEL - In loving memory of my dear mother, Margaret ( Dillon ) Steel, who died 11th April 1962; also my dear father, John Steel, who died 27th April 1968; also William ( Billy ) Davidson, who died 21st May 1961.
Always remembered.
Inserted by Mr John Steel and family, 43 Montgomerie Terrace, Kilwinning.

STEVEN - In loving memory of my dear son, who died 7th April 1970.
There is a picture in my heart,
Which is worth more than silver or gold;
It is a picture of my son,
Which never shall grow old.
Inserted by mum, dad and family, 75 McKinlay Crescent, Irvine.

STEWART - In loving memory of my dear mother, Janet Boyd, died 11th April 1967; our dear father, Robert, died 15th February 1940; our dear brothers, James, died 14th April 1961, and George, died 5th July 1943.
Loved and remembered.
Inserted by their family in Stevenston, Saltcoats and Bournemouth.

STIRRAT - In loving memory of my dear mother, Isabella Gordon Stirrat, died 6th April 1968.
I miss your smile, your kindly ways,
With you I spent my happiest days;
Now in my heart they will always stay,
Inserted by daughter, Nan, and family, 85 The Braes, Saltcoats.

STRAIN - In remembrance of our dear mother, died 6th April 1941; our dear father, died 13th September 1951; our brothers, Alex, Tommy and Sam.
As time unfolds another year,
Loving memories hold you dear.
Inserted by the family, Claremont Crescent, Kilwinning.

SWINDLE - In loving memory of my wife and my mother, Elizabeth Margaret Walker Kerr, who died on 28th March 1968.
Sadly missed.
Years roll by as older we get,
But memories linger.
Inserted by Alex and James.

THOMPSON - In loving memory of my dear husband, Joseph Thompson, died 9th April 1968.
For ever in our thoughts.
Inserted by his wife and family, also George.

WILSON - In loving memory of Jim, who died 9th April 1970.
Inserted by his wife, 4 McDowall Avenue, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Beginning the BMD entries from the A&S Herald from 19th May 1972 with the Births.

BIRTHS

ARMSTRONG - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 10th May 1972, to Robert and Ann ( Johnson ), a son; both well. Thanking all in attendance.

BANKS - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 10th May 1972, to Terry and Margaret ( nee Beattie ), a daughter; both well. Thanking all doctors and nurses in attendance.

BEATON - At Irvine Central Hospital, on 10th May 1972, to Robert and Fiona ( Boyd ), a son ( Michael Robert ).

BIRD - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 8th May 1972, to Billy and Catherine ( McCormick ), 60 Brewlands Drive, Symington, a son ( Robert ); both well. Thanking doctors and nurses.

BYRNE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 14th May 1972, to Malcolm and Marion ( nee McCrimmond ), a son ( Malcolm Matthew ); both well. Thanking all in attendance.

CAVANI - At 6 Montgomerie Crescent, Saltcoats, on 14th May 1972, to Joe and Mae ( Higgins ), a son; both well . Deo Gratias.

EDMUND - At Buckreddan Maternity Home, Kilwinning, on 14th May 1972, to Andrew and Ellen, 71 Hazelgrove, Kilwinning, a son ( Steven Alexander ).

HARVEY - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 15th May 1972, to Robert and Christine ( nee McGuigan ), 22 Garnock Street, Dalry, a son; both well. Thanking all in attendance .

KERR - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 13th May 1972, to David and Isabella ( nee Robertson ), Sidehouse, Beith, a daughter ( Alison ), a sister for John, Graham and Bryce; both well.

McALLISTER -At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 16th May 1972, to Dick and Maureen ( Bowman ), 13 Adams Walk, Irvine, a son ( Ewan Dick ), a brother for Craig.

McALPINE - At Buckreddan Maternity Home, on 15th May 1972, to Jim and Jean, a son ( Glen ), a brother for Heather and Gary. Thanking all in attendance.

McCORMICK - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 8th May 1972, to Charles and May ( Street ), a son ( Martin John ); both well. Thanking all in attendance.

MONTGOMERIE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 13th May 1972, to Raymond and Jean, " Glendisk ", Argyle Road, Saltcoats, a son ( James Jackson Montgomerie ), a brother for Samuel Raymond and Mary Jane. Thanking all medical staff for excellent attention.

PETRIE - JIm and Alice Mary ( nee Griffin ),42 Dundas Park, Brechin, are happy to announce the birth of their daughter ( Jill Helen ), at Dundee Royal Infirmary, on 3rd May 1972.

SCOTT - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, on 14th May 1972, to John and Kate ( Hiddlestone ), a son ( Mark John ); both well, a brother for Diane. Thanking all in attendance.

STEEL - At Buckreddan Maternity Hospital, Kilwinning, on 14th May 1972, to Robert and Jan ( nee Simpson ), 13 Stobbs Terrace, Kilwinning, a daughter ( Gillian Dawn ); both well. Thanking all in attendance.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The Engagements and Marriages now from 19th May 1972. Notice the engagement and marriage in the same family, the Wilbrhams of Kilbirnie.

ENGAGEMENTS

AGNEW - WILBRAHAM - Both families have much pleasure in announcing the engagement of James, eldest son of Mr and Mrs Agnew, 62 Fergushill Road, Kilwinning, and Mary, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs W E Wilbraham, 23 Brownhill Drive, Kilbirnie.

PRESTON - STEWART - The engagement is announced between Norman, youngest son of the late Mrs Elizabeth Preston and Mr William Preston, Dalry, and Nancy, youngest daughter of the late Mr John Stewart and Mrs Agnes Stewart, 5 Reid Terrace, Saltcoats.

. MARRIAGES

CRAWFORD - WILSON - At St Mary's Star of the Sea, Saltcoats, on 3rd May 1972, by the Rev Fr McCluskey, Alexander, youngest son of Mr and Mrs A Crawford, 27 Gateside Road, Galston, to Frances, only daughter of Mr and Mrs W Wilson, 17 Argyle Road, Saltcoats.

EVERETT - WILBRAHAM - At St Brigid's Church, Kilbirnie, on 28th April 1972, by the Rev Father Matthews, John, eldest son of Mr and Mrs J Everett, 2 Longmead, Dunstaple, to Jane, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs W E Wilbraham, 23 Brownhill Drive, Kilbirnie.

FITZSIMMONS - McLAUGHLAN - At St Peter-in-Chains RC Church, Ardrossan, on 6th May 1972, with Nuptial Mass and Papal Blessing, by the Rev Father Tosh, Robert, only son of Mrs Grace Fitzsimmons, 59 Auchenhove Crescent, Kilbirnie,to Patricia, fourth daughter of Mr and Mrs B McLaughlan, 24 Rowanside Terrace, Ardrossan .

INNES - McMILLAN - At North Parish Church, Saltcoats, on 5th May 1972, by the Rev John H Robertson, Ronnie, only son of the late Mr and Mrs S Innes, 22 Busbie Drive, Ardrossan, to Ann, eldest daughter of Mr and Mrs James McMillan, 18 Sannox Drive, Saltcoats.

LINDSAY - HUGHES - At St Brendan's RC Church, Saltcoats, with Nuptial Mass and Papal Blessing, on 6th May 1972, Duncan, only son of Mr and Mrs C Lindsay, 97 Lyoncross Road, Pollock, to Patricia, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs J Hughes, 64 Mayfield Road, Saltcoats.

McEWAN - GILLIES - At Crosshouse Parish Church, on 29th April 1972, by the Rev W B Millar, assisted by the Rev R D Sawers, Andrew Cochrane, only son of Mr and Mrs Jan=mes McEwan, 14 Rankin Drive, Irvine, to Maureen Fulton, only daughter of Mr and Mrs James Gillies, 64 Irvine Road, Crosshouse.

MORRISON - HALL - On 13th May 1972, at St Peter-in-Chains, Ardrossan, by Rev Father Tosh, Catherine, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs G Hall, 13 Dalry Road, Ardrossan, to Alexander, second son of the late Mr S Morrison and of Mrs J Morrison, 9 Busbie Drive, Ardrossan.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The first of the Deaths now from 19th May 1972.

DEATHS

ANDERSON - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 10th May 1972, James Anderson, aged 75 years, beloved husband of Agnes Friels, 73 Seaton Terrace, Irvine.

BROWN - At Ravenspark Hospital, on 12th May 1972, Hugh Brown, beloved husband of Agnes Christie, 64 Glencairn Street, Stevenston.

CURDIE - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 16th May 1972, Margaret Harriet Anderson, beloved wife of Robert Curdie, 15 Anderson Drive, Saltcoats.

FISHER - At Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 10th May 1972, Margaret Wilson, aged 56 years, beloved wife of John Fisher, 32 Watson Terrace, Irvine.
Acknowledgements : Mr J Fisher and family wish to express sincere thanks to relatives, friends, neighbours, also Irvine Bowling Club, Co-op Catering staff, for their many kindnesses and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; sincere thanks to Dr Wood; also staff, ward 2, Kilmarnock Infirmary; thanks also to Rev Sawers for services rendered; and to SCWS for funeral arrangements. 32 Watson Terrace, Irvine.

GORDON - At 62 Titchfield Road, Troon, on 11th May 1972, Frank Robertson Gordon, aged 58 years, beloved husband of Nellie Gray.

GRAHAM - At 14 Montgomerieston Place, Kilbirnie, the residence of her mother, on 15th May 1972, Florence Asbury, aged 45 years, beloved wife of David Graham and dear mother of Margaret, 11 Mossend Avenue, Kilbirnie. Fortified by the Rites of the Holy Catholic Church. RIP.

HAMILTON - Suddenly, on 16th May 1972, at 42 Lambie Court, Saltcoats, Andrew Hamilton, beloved husband of Sarah McIlroy, and dear father of Andrew, Margaret, Susan, Janey and John.

HAMILTON - Suddenly, at his home, " Glenard " , Brodick, Isle of Arran, Alexander Shedden, aged 74 years, beloved husband of Margaret Picken ( late of Stevenston ).

IRVINE - Suddenly, at 68 Dickson Drive, Irvine, on 12th may 1972, John Irvine, aged 43 years, beloved husband of Betty O'Neill, late of Stevenston.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Some more of the Deaths now from 19th May 1972.

DEATHS ( continued )

JOHNSTON - Peacefully at Ravenspark Hospital in Irvine, on 10th May 1972, William Johnston, in his 80th year, beloved husband of the late Margaret Barnes, and late of 5 McHardy Crescent, Barrmill.

KERR - At the Infirmary, Kilmarnock, on 15th May 1972, James Clark, Bellevue, Eglinton Street, Saltcoats, beloved husband of Mattie McCaw, and much loved father of Margaret, Mary and Minnie.

MACDONALD - at Craigfoot, 42 West Road, Irvine, on 15th May 1972, Isabella Reid Whittet, widow of the late John Macdonald.

McCALLUM - At 14 Smith Crescent, Kilwinning, on 13th May 1972, Jessie Smith, beloved wife of the late John McCallum.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Mrs Jessie McCallum wish to express sincere thanks to friends and neighbours for their many kindnesses and sympathy, also floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; sincere thanks to Drs Forbes, Lynch and McCreadie, Nurse McGeorge and Home Helps; to Rev Charles Hill for services rendered; Mr Lawless SCWS for funeral arrangements. 14 Smith Crescent, Kilwinning.

McKEENAN - Suddenly, at 23 John Clark Street, Largs, on 14th May 1972, Alexander McKeenan, formerly of Kilbirnie, beloved husband of Helen Anderson.

McMILLAN - At Ravenspark Hospital, on 14th May 1972, Eliza Dougan, aged 73 years, beloved wife of Neil McMillan, 3 St Brennan's Court, Kilbirnie. #

McPHERSON - At Yorkhill Hospital, Glasgow, on 15th May 1972, Colin, infant son of Ewan and Wilma, born on 11th April at Ayrshire Central Hospital.

McQUANE - At the residence of her daughter, 59 Fleming Crescent, Saltcoats, on 12th May 1972, Annie McAlpine Imrie, aged 72 years, ( formerly of Glasgow ), beloved mother of Isabella and Stanley Young.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Annie McAlpine Imrie ( nee Young ), wish to express sincere thanks to loving relatives, dear friends and kind neighbours for expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; sincere thanks to Drs Smith, Leahy, Griffen , Harrison ; also Sister Steel and Distrct Nurses; Rev John Robertson, North Parish Church, for spiritual comfort given; also Mr McMaster . D Peebles for funeral arrangements. 89 Fleming Crescent, Saltcoats.

MITCHELL - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 14th May 1972, Marion McCulloch, aged 79 years, beloved wife of John Mitchell, 45 North Shore Road, Troon.

Susan
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

down south wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:18 pm
McCALLUM - At 14 Smith Crescent, Kilwinning, on 13th May 1972, Jessie Smith, beloved wife of the late John McCallum.
Thanks Susan,
The John McCallum mentioned is from the McCallum plasterers who I recall from Melbourne Terrace in Saltcoats. Although directly not related to my immediate family, there is a conection which this topic should explain. Part of Irene's (hahaya2004) family tree?
hahaya2004
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by hahaya2004 »

You're right Hughie. :D
John was one of my Gran's cousins. His parents were John and Margaret (Thomson).

Irene
The most important hour is always the present, the most significant person is the one opposite you right now, and the most necessary deed is always love. - Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1328)
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The final batch of death notices from the Herald of 19th May 1972.

DEATHS ( concluded )

ORR - At Ayrshire Central Hospital, Irvine, on 12th May 1972, James Orr, aged 50 years, dear son of James Orr, 47 Pollock Crescent, Kilwinning.

REID - At 32 Oak Road, Ardrossan, on 13th May 1972, Margaret Affleck, aged 71 years, beloved wife of the late William Reid.
Acknowledgements : The family of the late Mrs Margaret Reid wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; the Rev Ewing for services rendered; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 32 Oak Road, Ardrossan.

RODGERS - Suddenly, at Kilmarnock Infirmary, on 11th May 1972, James Donnely Rodgers, beloved husband of Mae Linton, and dear father of Jim, Ian, Mae and Anne, 13 Afton Court, Irvine.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Rodgers and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for cards and beautiful floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; the staff and members of Irvine Railway Club; doctor and nurses in attendance at Kilmarnock Infirmary; also Dr Peter McGlone and Dr Andrew Garven for unfailing attention; the Rev A Macara; and Irvine Co-op for funeral arrangements. 13 Afton Court, Irvine.

SHANNON - at Smithstone Cottage, Kilwinning, on 12th May 1972, John Shannon , beloved husband of Molly Livingstone Dunlop.

SMITH - At Stevenston, on 10th May 1972, Elizabeth Smith, aged 61 years, beloved daughter of the late Mr and Mrs William Smith, 72 Caledonian Road, Stevenston.
Acknowledgements : The relatives of the late Elizabeth Smith wish to thank all friends and neighbours; Ardeer Church Women's Guild; Ardeer Church Young Wives and Mothers Group and their children; Church Choir; and South Beach Eventide Home, for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; to Dr Nicol Morton for devoted attention; the Rev R Alan Knox, MA, LTh, and the Rev Iain Roy, BD, for services rendered;and to A W Blair for funeral arrangements.

STEVEN - At his home, 61 Hunter Drive, Irvine ( late of Tarfside Avenue, Cardonald, Glasgow ), on 10th May 1972, John Steven, beloved husband of Marion Johnstone, and dear father of Jan and Muriel.
Acknowledgements : Mrs Marion Steven and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent bereavement; the Rev J W F Harris for kind attention and services rendered; also Drs I Wood, J Jack and D Kirke; the staff of the Ministry of Social Security; Mr Lawless for funeral arrangements. 61 Hunter Drive, Irvine.

STEWART - At Kirkhill Cottage, Old Perceton, Irvine, on 11th May 1972, David Stewart, aged 81 years, beloved husband of Lilly McAulay, and dear father of Robert, David, Catherine and Nan.

STURGEON - Suddenly, at 31 Adams Avenue, Saltcoats, on 12th May 1972, Joseph Sturgeon, dearly beloved husband of Aileen Sturgeon, and father of Jane, Ian and Margaret.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Starting on the rest of the Acknowledgements now from 19th May 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS

ALLISON - Mr and Mrs Allison and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours; workmates from Wilson pipe works; workers and staff from McKinnon's Knitwear, for kind expressions of sympathy in their recent sad bereavement; also Rev R D Sawers; officers of Irvine and Kilmarnock Police Force; and Mr William Conway for funeral arrangements.

ANNALL - Mr David Annall and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also Drs Robert Lynch and Forbes for unfailing attention; Mr Andrew Borland, MA for services rendered; and Mr W Steele for funeral arrangements. 1 Parkhead Avenue, Kilwinning.

COWIE - Mrs Cowie and Elizabeth wish to thank everyone for kind expressions of sympathy received in their recent bereavement. 6 Glenpark Road, Lochwinnoch.

CURRIE - The family of the late Mr William Currie wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also his sister, Agnes, two doctors and nurse in attendance for kind attention; Rev Dobell for services rendered;and to SCWS for funeral arrangements. 32 Watson Terrace, Irvine.

FULLERTON - Mrs M Fullerton and Garry wish to thank all relatives, friends, neighbours and workmates for kind expressions of sympathy, floral tributes, cards and letters received in their recent sad bereavement. 34 Kerr Avenue, Saltcoats.

GRAHAM - Mr Robert Graham and family wish to thank relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy , floral tributes and cards received in their recent bereavement; special thanks to Dr Smith for faithful attention; the Rev J Houston for services rendered; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 3 Baillieston Avenue, Kilbirnie.

HOUSTON - Mrs Houston and the family of the late Robert Houston wish to thank everyone who sympathised with them in their recent sad bereavement; special thanks to Dr Krauthamer for faithful attention; thanks also to the employees of Ailsa Shipbuilding Co Ltd; to those who sent floral tributes, cards and letters of condolence; and to those who attended the crematorium; and to the Rev A Young and Mr K Cowan for services rendered. 60E Welbeck Crescent, Troon.

IRVINE - Mrs Betty Irvine wishes to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy, cards and floral tributes received in her sad bereavement; also Drs Garven, McGlone, Jack and District Nurses; doctors and staff, ward 3 , Kilmarnock Infirmary and Torrance House; workers of Laird's Forge; and all who attended at the graveside; special thanks to Mr and Mrs Murray Trainer, Mr and Mrs Robert Watson and Mr and Mrs Tom Irvine for their kindness and help; the Rev W Stuart Dunn for his unfailing spiritual help and kindness given to her late husband and for services rendered; and Mr William Conway and Staff for funeral arrangements.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

The rest of the Acknowledgements from 19th May 1972.

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS ( concluded )

MACKAY - Mrs Florence Mackay and family of the late George Mackay wish to thank all relatives, the many friends and neighbours, colleagues of Jas Templeton Carpet Factory , for kind expressions of sympathy , floral tributes, cards and letters received in their recent sad bereavement; also Dr I Mackenzie for kind attention; the Rev Iain Roy for services rendered; the ambulance men for all kind assistance; and the Co-operative for funeral arrangements. 61 Morrison Avenue, Stevenston.

PATERSON - Mr William Paterson wishes to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for their kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in his recent bereavement; also doctors and nursing staff of pavilion 10, Ayrshire Central Hospital; and Drs Fagen and Kelly, and District Nurses for their unfailing attention; Rev J W Goudie for services rendered; and William Wallace & Sons for funeral arrangements. " Lawview ", Meadowfoot Road, West Kilbride.

PIRRIE - The family of the late Mary Brown wish to return sincere thanks to relatives and friends for kind expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received in their recent sad bereavement; also doctors and nursing staff of " Knockdon Ward ", Ailsa Hospital, Ayr; Mr J K Campbell; and Mr A Borland, MA, for kind attention and services rendered; Mr Lawless, SCWS, for funeral arrangements. Sourlie Toll House, Irvine.

QUIGLEY - The family of the late Mrs Catherine Quigley wish to thank all friends and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy and flowers received in their sad bereavement; sincere thanks also to Rev R B Taylor, Dr A S Burns, Dr C A McFarlane and Rev R D Sawers for kindness and unfailing attention; thanks also to Mr W Conway for funeral arrangements.27 Donaldson Drive, Irvine.

RAE - The family of the late John Rae, acknowledge with sincere gratitude the expressions of sympathy and floral tributes received from relatives, friends and staff of British Railways; the presence of all those at the graveside; the care and attention given by doctors and nurses; and the services rendered by Rev R U G Williamson. 73 Stockbridge Crescent, Kilbirnie, and 6 Templand Road, Dalry.

ROWLEY - Mr Alex Rowley and family would like to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours , High Kirk Women's Guild, Stevenston Co-op Guild, Amaranth and Order of the Eastern Star, for flowers and messages of sympathy received in their recent bereavement; also thanks to Drs Wakefield and Moore; Dr Kerr and staff of ward 5 , Ballochmyle Hospital, for kind attention; Rev J Heron for comfort and services rendered; and SCWS for funeral arrangements. 35 Sinclair Street, Stevenston.

SHAW - Mrs Sadie Shaw and family wish to thank all relatives, friends and neighbours for kind expressions and floral tributes received in their sad bereavement; also management and fellow workers of Massey Ferguson; and to Dr Fallows for prompt attention; also doctors and nurses of ward 2, Kilmarnock Infirmary, and ward 7 of Glasgow Royal Infirmary; also to Rev Allan Young; and to SCWS for funeral arrangements. 16 Warly Place, Dundonald.

TAYLOR - Mrs T Taylor and family wish to thank all friends, relatives and neighbours for kind expressions of sympathy, Mass cards and floral tributes received in their tragic bereavement; also workmates of Irvent, Irvine, Sun Ventilating, Glasgow; and SCWS for funeral arrangements.

Susan
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Beginning the In Memoriam entries for 19th May 1972.

IN MEMORIAM

AITKEN - In loving memory of my dear wife, Annie Marshall, who died 19th May 1971.
Sadly missed .
Inserted by her loving husband , Hugh, 4 Cochrane Street, Kilbirnie.

In loving memory of my mother, Annie Marshall, died 19th May 1971.
Always remembered.
Inserted by Clifford, Diana and family.

In loving memory of my dear mother, Annie Marshall, who died 19th May 1971.
Remembered every day.
Inserted by her daughter, Myra, and family, 12 Sersley Drive, Kilbirnie.

ALLAN - In loving memory of a dear husband and father, William Allan, died 20th May 1962.
Another day, another year,
A loving thought, a silent tear.
Inserted by his loving wife Peggy, 3 Dirrans Terrace, Kilwinning.

Loved and remembered always.
Sadie and Harry, 3 Stobbs Crescent, Kilwinning.

Too dearly loved to be forgotten.
Jim and Grace, 6 Garnock Court, Irvine.

BOYD - In loving memory of my dear wife and mother, Wilhelmina, died 18th May 1964.
Sadly missed.
Inserted by her husband and family, Troon.

CRAIG ( HOLLAND ) - In loving memory of my dear friend Margaret Holland, died suddenly 20th May 1971.
Always remembered.
Greta.

CULLINANE - In loving memory of our dear father, Daniel, who died 21st May 1970; also our dear mother, Maude, who died 10th February 1960.
No lapse of years, no space of time,
Can dim the loving past;
Our memories hold them ever dear,
As long as our lives last.
Inserted by his daughter, Joan, Bert and family, Edinburgh.

This month comes with sad regret,
It brings a day we won't forget;
You passed away without goodbye,
But memories of you will never die.
Inserted by son, Donald, Isobel and family, 81 Lawson Drive, Ardrossan.

DALRYMPLE - In loving memory of Helen, who died 19th May 1971,
A little corner in our hearts,
Is set aside for you,
As long as life and memories last,
We will remember you.
Inserted by Bobby and Nessie, Loans.

In loving memory of my dear sister, Helen, who died 19th May 1971.
Today I am thinking of someone,
Whom I loved fondly and true,
No treasure on earth could replace you,
That someone dear Helen is you.
Also our loved ones gone before.
Inserted by Sarah, George and Gina, Loans.

In loving memory of Helen, who died 19th May 1971.
Your memory is my keepsake,
With which I'll never part,
God has you in his keeping,
But I have you in my heart.
Inserted by Bessie, Loans.

Susan