Celtic's new Manager?

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Celtic's new Manager?

Post by brian f »

bonzo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:59 pm Or Leicester city, Aston Villa........wait a minute :think:
Leicester.. Not 2 in a row , surely :lol:
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:01 pm Kittywake- Thanks for the banter, loved it.
Just googled, comprehension- Another new word i learned.😂
Yeah, it's one of those words that's difficult to comprehend. :)
Last edited by Kittywake on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:59 pm Or Leicester city, Aston Villa........wait a minute :think:
Who'da thunkit, drawing comparisons between BR and SG on a thread about Ange Postecoglou :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:18 pm
brian f wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:01 pm Kittywake- Thanks for the banter, loved it.
Just googled, comprehension- Another new word i learned.😂
Yeah, I kinda thought you might be lacking a wee bit somewhere up top. :lol:
I do tHaTs why i'm not miserable :hi:
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f, As you say it's only football banter. :)
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:36 pm
Who'da thunkit, drawing comparisons between BR and SG on a thread about Ange Postecoglou :lol:
Just highlighting when the epl snap their fingers most in Scotland bite them off.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:03 pm Just highlighting when the epl snap their fingers most in Scotland bite them off.
Yeah but it's a wee bit early yet for that stuff is it not? ... especially as it's coming from a couple of bluenoses on a thread about a Celtic Manager. :wink:
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Kittywake wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:38 pm
bonzo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:03 pm Just highlighting when the epl snap their fingers most in Scotland bite them off.
Yeah but it's a wee bit early yet for that stuff is it not? ... especially as it's coming from a couple of bluenoses on a thread about a Celtic Manager. :wink:
Oh the banter......we'll leave it there then.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

Postecoglou hasn't been there very long and to date has only won a League Cup. Could be wrong but If that's his only success come the end of the season I doubt if he'll be much of an attraction to clubs down south.

bonzo wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:41 pm Oh the banter......we'll leave it there then.
Banter plays a big part of every genuine football fans' enjoyment of the game. Long live banter. :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I could be wrong- but i think most doubted the man...and that includes both the Auld firm support. So a big well done to Ange in his first season. He comes across to me as somebody who does not approve of any old rubbish- and a bit of a gentleman.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f,
I reckon the only 'doubters' who mattered to him in any sort of capacity were the Celtic supporters plus those connected to the club. I'm sure he wouldn't even have given a second thought to the opinions of anyone else - be that fans of other clubs or the ever present horde of media ghouls.

Yep, he comes across as a man who takes no nonsense.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

I have long believed there's a touch of class around him. He's not one for slanging matches but won't keep silent if he believes he's correct. Witness his comment about the SFWA Awards brouhaha following inappropriate racist and sexist jokes which resulted in two female guests leaving:
It is fair to say, I guess, that the content was probably not appropriate. To be honest I don't even know if it is appropriate at anything, with the way you need to understand about the way people feel about these things. The key thing about that is, you can turn it into a controversy but I don't think people learn from that.
Make it a teaching moment to be better, for the people who have the responsibility of organising those nights, an opportunity to do things a little bit better, a lot better and understand that the people in that room - you have to take into account their own beliefs and feelings. But aside from that, the organisers have approached it the right way.
They have apologised for it but it is just an opportunity to be better the next time, rather than make it a controversy.
End Quote
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."