On line book festivals

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

On line book festivals

Post by Meg »

One (very small) good thing that’s come out of the pandemic and lockdown is all the book festivals have gone on line. I’m a huge fan of tartan noir and so far this year I’ve attended Bloody Scotland from Stirling (Val McDermid and JD Kirk), Granitenoir from Aberdeen (Ian Rankin and Stuart McBride) and last night Paisley Book Fest (Douglas Stuart, Andrew O'Hagan and Graeme Armstrong) all from the comfort of my living room couch and unless you want to donate, free of charge. The Boswell book festival is scheduled for July at Dumfries House near Cumnock - it’ll be interesting to see if it goes ahead live and on line - or solely on line. Love seeing my favourite authors being interviewed about how they form their plots, characters etc.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: On line book festivals

Post by Meg »

This is on at 3pm this afternoon - I’ve read a lot of Chris’s books - they are worth a read.

Listening to Chris Brookmyre and his wife, Dr. Marisa Haetzman in conversation with Ambrose Parry

Join UWS Criminology Professor Ross Deuchar in conversation with married co-authors Chris Brookmyre and Dr. Marisa Haetzman, who successfully join forces as ‘Ambrose Parry’. An award-winning, best-selling crime author, Chris also collaborates with consultant anaesthetist Marisa in creating an exciting series of historical crime novels featuring a dynamic detecting duo, set in Victorian Edinburgh with anaesthesia in its infancy. With medical innovation currently a hot topic and their co-authored third book in production, join us for this UWS virtual conversation about McIlvanney Prize shortlisted novels The Way of All Flesh and The Art of Dying …