Milda

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
MANBEAR
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Milda

Post by MANBEAR »

So sad rest in peace and god give your family strength to get through this terrible time
Ian
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Words can’t express how I am feeling hearing the sad news. My sincere condolences to Milda’s family you are in my thoughts and in my prayers. I enjoyed Milda and Dereks company when we had the Quiz nights in the Grant’s. When it affects someone you know it brings home what a Hellish nightmare that has been inflicted on the whole of humanity.
Milda rest in peace Hen
sally40bags
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sally40bags »

Sad news, condolences to the family. RIP Milda
Sandra x
down south
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by down south »

Such terribly sad news. Another Threetowners stalwart gone, and in the most distressing of circumstances. We'll miss you Milda, rest in peace.

Susan
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Thanks to Irene (hahaya2004) who forwarded me this link where we can leave messages of condolence for Milda’s family.

https://www.funeraltimes.com/milda-anngrundle873617967

Meg
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

So sad to hear the sad news about Milda what a lovely tribute from her Granddaughter condolences to her family..
dalegrundle

Milda

Post by dalegrundle »

Hello,

My name is Dale and I am one of Milda's sons. I just wanted to get in touch as I know a lot of the people on here were in contact with my mum. For anyone that is a friend of hers on Facebook the family have posted a message on her page today.

I will repost it here:

Family announcement: It is with great sadness that we announce the death of Milda Grundle. Milda passed away on the morning of 12th April 2020 after a short illness. Towards the end of her life, she became housebound due to MS so it meant a great deal to her to be able to connect with all her friends through Facebook and other platforms. Thank you all for chatting with her and for making her laugh through those difficult times.
The funeral will be strictly private in accordance with government guidelines. The family are unable to accept flowers but donations if desired can be made to the MS Society:
https://donate.mssociety.org.uk/page/44 ... 1586028977

Aside from that, I just wanted to thank everyone on here for all their kind comments. I know Threetowners was incredibly important to her. She loved and missed Scotland terribly and being able to stay in touch with people meant the world to her.

Dale
sheenaj
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by sheenaj »

Condolences from the Stewart girls[Wellpark Rd] Wendy Kerr/ Sheena Jarvis.
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

First time Ié looked in for a couple of weeks. Very sad to read that Milda has passed on. Condolences to all the family.

Wee Boney
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Just watched a documentary on Sky news on Northern Ireland and Portrush in this lockdown period. How local farmers are coping by becoming delivery boys delivering their produce door to door. They showed the Royal Portrush Golf Course and the recent tournament and the beautiful beach, and even a funeral taking place with no more than 10 attending. You can imagine what passed my mind.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Yes Jean - it’s a lovely area - and a wonderful place for a holiday. Hopefully we’ll be able to travel at some point - I’d like to lay some flowers 💐

Meg
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Nice thought Meg. They said that in the past whenever someone died in Northern Ireland, it was usual to have a Wake, and most of the town turned out to partecipate. Having funerals today with just ten people attending is so hard to accept.