Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by brian f »

When do you get the PCR results bonzo? The upstairs/ downstairs arrangement would excite me if it happened in my house :wink:
Best wishes to you both.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 pm Cheers Irene, cheers Meg. We are keeping apart, I've got the upstairs and she's got the downstairs with bottles of anti bacterial stuff all over the hoose. Although Mrs B s LFTs have been negative she has the same symptoms as me so we'll both be surprised if she passes the PCR.
LFTs are meant to be about 63% accurate, so the PCR will be a lot more accurate. Just waiting on travellingtabby to see the figures for yesterday - they’re published at 3 for Scotland and 6 for rUK.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just sent the PCR tests away should hear tomorrow/Wednesday at the latest, luckily our nearest priority post box is at the top of our street. The positive numbers for yesterday are staggering, over 20,000, more than a 3rd of those tested.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:27 pm Just sent the PCR tests away should hear tomorrow/Wednesday at the latest, luckily our nearest priority post box is at the top of our street. The positive numbers for yesterday are staggering, over 20,000, more than a 3rd of those tested.
I noticed one of our nearest post boxes was marked as priority - what does that exactly mean Bonzo. Yes, the numbers are scarily high - and after Christmas and new year, it will only get worse for a few weeks. Prof Leitch thinks the peak might take another few weeks - but the FM has recalled Parliament and is making a statement later this week. This bloody thing just isn’t going away, is it?

M
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

That's the post box to be used for PCR tests if you can't get to a drive/walk through centre. I think they guarantee pick up by 3pm and delivery to test centre that evening.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:04 pm That's the post box to be used for PCR tests if you can't get to a drive/walk through centre. I think they guarantee pick up by 3pm and delivery to test centre that evening.
Thanks for that - they also changed the pick up time on this post box from 4.30 pm to 9.30 am when it was given “priority”.

M
Bruce
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Bruce »

Sorry to hear that Bonzo, hope you are feeling OK.

My son-in-law tested positive (LFT) last week, so their whole family in isolation. Rest of family negative. All went for PCRs (they went to the testing centre at Prestwick Airport) and Son-in-law came back positive, daughter and the 2 grand weans -ve.

2 days later, daughter tested positive, first on LFT then PCR. Kids still negative.

First batch of PCRs, done on 30 Dec, took 2 days to come back. Second ones, done yesterday afternoon, came back within 24 hours.

Hopefully all will be out of jail by the end of the week. We've been dropping in food parcels, but not going in the house. It's difficult when the wee grandson sees papa, and wants to go to the swings with him....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Cheers Bruce, it is what it is I suppose. We can only trust in the vaccination program to keep us safe from serious harm.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Best wishes to everyone and their families - this thing is taking a long time to go away. :(

The infection numbers have jumped here too in Oz with this new strain. They opened up booking for booster shots this morning for those who would have had their 2nd jab over four months ago. Woke at six this morning and went on-line and booked for my booster shot for the 13th - wife had hers last week. All family are up to date other than the our 11yr old grandson who is eligible as from today to get his first.
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

I managed to get mine yesterday Hughie, have at least 6 friends in quarantine have not been in touch with any of them
but it is getting very close to home, just being very careful at the moment ..
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hughie, how are people in general taking the Djokovic situation, for or against?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Bonzo, I think Australians are mostly over it, though a decision hasn't been reached wither to deport Djokovic or not. My perception is that folks just want to see the back of him and the nationalistic over the top Serbians living here who are claiming an affront to their mother land. The annoying thing is the local extreme anti-vaxxers have joined them in their protests.

PeeEss: Got my Pfizer booster shot yesterday at the disused Ford Motor Company Factory at Geelong - all well organised.