Coronavirus pandemic

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coronavirus pandemic

Post by Meg »

We still have to isolate for a minimum of 6 days, then you need 2 negative tests on days 6 and 7. If still positive, you need to keep testing until day 10. Even if you are still infectious, you can come out of isolation on day 11. If you are in England, you can go back to work anytime “if you feel better”. It’s getting Mr Johnson’s wish of herd immunity.

I’m day 4 and feeling a bit better - George is day 8 and is still infectious.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

When I had covid in January I had no real symptoms. A slight cough and runny nose. No Fever or tummy upsets. Now however I find my eyesight has worsened, had to buy stronger glasses, and still get a runny nose ocasionally. My joints are painful and my sense of taste and smell are not so acute. I have been warned not to have a booster until May, 4 months after covid. Doctor says It could be harmful to me. ☹️
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Yes, it has a weird impact on a lot of people. I’ve got earache and seemingly that’s a symptom - coffee tasted horrible for the first 3 days and I couldn’t eat meat if you paid me. I’m craving salty foods and puddings. Strange…

M
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

How are you both Meg? Negative I hope.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

glenshena wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:27 pm How are you both Meg? Negative I hope.
Thanks Jean - I’ve just reached parole today - this was my first day out - George got out last Sunday. That was not a pleasant couple of weeks - I certainly wouldn’t recommend it!

We’ve not to test now for 28 days as there might be false positives.

Mx
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

First flight for 2 and a half years, wee jaunt to Belfast for a stag weekend. Hopefully the first of many once we get out of this jobby show.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:37 pm First flight for 2 and a half years, wee jaunt to Belfast for a stag weekend. Hopefully the first of many once we get out of this jobby show.
After the election, whatever the result - we’re going somewhere for a weeks holiday - and that’ll be our first plane journey for almost 3 years. Need some sun…. Enjoy Belfast Iain.

M
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Haha Meg, like getting away no that bothered aboot the sun love city breaks. Incidentally I'm the auldest one here and I'm waiting (rather impatiently)for the young team to have a snooze :smt102
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

How is Belfast this morning- didn’t see your name on tv when they were reviewing the papers so I guess you had a quiet night :lol:

Did you get to the crown?
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Hahaha, aye it seems to be a nice city with plenty of pubs :D was in the crown yesterday even managed to get a booth, it's a really smart pub smaller than I expected though.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:52 am Hahaha, aye it seems to be a nice city with plenty of pubs :D was in the crown yesterday even managed to get a booth, it's a really smart pub smaller than I expected though.
Best champ in town. I used to work in a BT office quite near so it was a local for us for a while.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Went back to the crown last night for a bite to eat and had pie and champ, I think there might have been some tattie mixed in with the butter :lol: it was so rich but delicious. Good call Meg. Hame noo and feart to look at my bank balance :) ....sorry to derail this thread slightly.