Smoke haze - Melbourne Ferry

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Smoke haze - Melbourne Ferry

Post by Hughie »

Taken while on my evening walk. Smoke haze on the horizon from the bush fires as the Melbourne Ferry arrives in Portarlington.

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Smoke haze - Melbourne Ferry

Post by glenshena »

Hello Hugh. This is a foto of another ferry, the one going to Arran yesterday. There's no smoke haze, just rain, rain and more rain. In fact the first two ferries were cancelled. The foto was taken from the cafè at Ardrossan Harbour.
[img]
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

I can remember such days back home, Jean. it bucketed down here yesterday and my rain gauge showed a lovely 32mm. The storm that accompanied it was totally fearsome - It lasted most of the day with thunder and lightning till late in the evening - the hatch to my rafters in the garage was sucked or blow out of its tight position.

Oddly enough the bush fire smoke was still there after the deluge - this morning all was clear.
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Yes Hughie, January has always been a month for bad storms on the west coast of Scotland, but I don't remember ever trains being cancelled from Kilwinning to Largs as has happened this week. And my grandaughter had to spend a second night on Arran as the ferry was not crossing due to rough seas.
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

Glenshena,
I remember trains being cancelled due to the danger between Stevenston and Saltcoats.
JD.
margb
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by margb »

Glenshena,
When the trains were deisel the trains were rarely cancelled. Only when the line was electrified.
Remember coming into Saltcoats station and the waves would be hitting the windows - quite thrilling at times.