Midweek Euro Football nights.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Midweek Euro Football nights.

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray- It looked like Real took the foot off the gas against Chelsea in the second half.Maybe it was because they did not want to embarrass the old pals? The kissing and cuddling in the tunnel before the game started would have horrified the old style managers :lol:

Btw - you mentioned "No team always wins" did you forget about a team from the East end of Glasgow😏
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

Brian,

Real were lacking adrenaline or "FLAT" as described by the commentator, and yet they were still too good for Chelsea. However, I wouldn't rule Chelsea out yet at Stamford Bridge.
brian f wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:52 am Btw - you mentioned "No team always wins" did you forget about a team from the East end of Glasgow😏
I meant a team can't go on winning for ever, albeit they can go through a season undefeated, last evidenced (Season 2020-2021) by a team from the West end of Glasgow :wink: -, winning all 19 of their home games and equalling the League record of 26 clean sheets. They also set a record by conceding only 13 goals in their 32 wins and six draws.

And anyway, I'm more worried about Ayr United and Kilmarnock at the moment, whether the former or going to make the play-offs for promotion, and the latter the play-offs for relegation, or indeed direct relegation :cry: .
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Imagine a Killie Ayr play off :blackeye:
Those wimin were in the nip.
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

I don't know why, but that never even occurred to me //silent
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.