Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Isabel and Jim, The lovely wife is still as lovely as ever. As for the wee man, he will be a teenager at the end of next week. He wants a girlfriend for his birthday, I've told him he is too young and all he will be getting is a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label and a packet of Marborough Reds.
Yes Jim there was a Miss Dickson, I'm sure Isabel mentioned she went to the reunion in 2002 and brought along her strap. (I felt that many a time)

Wee Boney
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

yes miss dixon and miss goldie. when we had a reunion some teacher game, have a look at the reunion photo on the threetowners and see if you remember any one or know the teachers. miss kenyon was there
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

the teachers who came to the reunion were,miss kenyon, mrs dickson, mrs mcvey, mrs sheddon and mrs smith ........it was a great night, so many faces from the past
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

hi jimmy i looked up davids school photo, and yes i remember you well now isabel
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Isabel,
You recently left a post for Maureen Gilmour the daughter of Patsy Griffin, that was quite an old post by Maureen who sadly passed away in 2007. Patsy though is still alive and well, I was speaking to her yesterday abou you and she said to send her regards on to you. She remembers you and Wee Ali from her days on Victoria Road. Patsy is not on the net but she is happy for you to send any messages via myself and she will reply. She also lives about 5 miles from me in Queensland. When you and I last met we were living in Sydney. If you want to see a photo of Patsy look up the 2005 reunion and you will see her in the middle with the bright pink top on. Maureen is just to the left in the picture and just behind Patsy with the sunglasses on.
Don't know if I will ever be back in Saltcoats, perhaps in 2015, there are a lot of places still on my list that have to visit before the Grim Reaper comes looking for me. Hopefully that will be some time in the far distant future, I went for the annual checkup earlier this week and the results were good. No cholesteral, blood pressure normal, heart moniter perfect, lung capacity excellent. I feel like a nineteen year old. Maybe I should go out and get one. (The Wee Wummin would kill me). Anyway my life warranty has been extended for another year.

Question: If we organise another Australian reunion, are you up for a holiday out here.

Wee Boney
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

so sorry to hear about patsy,s girl, sad..i am as you see knew to the threetowners..i keep in touch with betty mclure in aussie land.and wee ali....give patsy my regards, we have a lot of good memories of victoria road..remember ian shaw, he lives a few doors away from me..well you never know , maybe one day a holiday in aussie land.there was so many people our age went out there, the last time i heard of patsy was one day i met her in kilwinning, god i said to wee ali about her mother always shouting at all the kids, hope she does not hear that one . take care isabel x
MEH
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by MEH »

Re: Kyleshill School burning down in 1955. There may have been a fire but it didn't result in Kyleshill being closed down for good. I know nothing about a fire but I attended Kyleshill, across from Saltcoats railway station, and it's overflow classes at the old public from 1960 to 1972. My brothers attended the old public school for the whole of their primary education. That option changed soon after they left that school and it became part of Kyleshill. The other half of the sandstone buildings there was a Catholic School and The James Reid School was in wooden huts in the grounds. I had Miss Ness as my first teacher and a Mrs Wilson as my last. The headmaster at that time was a Mr Campbell. l left Kyleshill to go on to Ardrossan Academy..