Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post about your old school - ask about old school pals
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Public & Kyleshill School Class Photo's

Post by calleytwo »

Yes we could be adventurous with no danger and peas never tasted as good as those ones eaten pod and all! I seem to remember one of the older McVeys - a retired Railwayman lived in a wee hut over the back fence? Am I remembering right Isabel? Wee Ali
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

i dont remember that ,but what i think was that was his wee gardening hut where he kept his tools. i do remember i was scared of old mrs griffen, she was always shouting at us kids xx
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

I would say you are right Isabel - dont know why I thought that. Was the shed built for him by the railways when he retired? When I left Satlcoats all the wee spaces like that were just beginning to be built on. Don't suppose I would recognise all the great places to play we had then. Wee Ali
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

i stay in kilwinning now, but saltcoats is a changed place, no calley station, i think it is a walk way now, i think the cuddy park is gone to., we had great times in the outdoor swimming pool it has been gone for years. do you remember the toilets in countess street, and how at christmas a huge christmas tree was on display on top of the toilet buildings, it was always a great tree, well the toilets have gone for tears. saltcoats has not got one picture house , not one, terrible.a few of us girls years ago had organised a school reunion for kyleshill, that was a good night. remember robert priestly he came, i had not seen him since i was a kid. take care isabel xx
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

Its a shame Isabel - from what I have seen on the net most of the development has been a disaster. Look at the third rate jerry-bilt exscresence now occupying the Kykeshill School site. Oh well they can't take the memories away.We were lucky kids - it was agreat place for us! Alistair
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

where kyleshill was is the police station now.xxxx
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

Not quite,the police station was built from about Johnny Bain's yard right round the corner taking Harry Donalson's shop away along with the betting shop and up Raise street to about 13Raise St.Where The school was ,there has been a Call Centre built.Both the Police Station and the Call Centre look as if they were built in a hurry
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

hi isabel your late brother david was a school friend of mine,that wall in the backdoor is still there to this day,and i know for a fact 2 of the copings on the top ended up in a wall in glasgow that was being repaired as a homer many years ago :wink:

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
gnyaff
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by gnyaff »

Hi Isabel,

Looks like you are the isabel P. I met when back In Saltcoats in 2001.

Wee Boney
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

hi james, when the school was on fire, david was up on the wall cheering, he then climbed up on the railing, he fell on them and a spike went through his leg, but that was david accident prone, thats why he got his nickname, he was always breaking arms and legs..that is an interesting fact about the wall. it was nice to hear from you, i must know you as there was only two years age difference between david and i isabel
isabel p
Settling In
Settling In

Post by isabel p »

hi john, it is the isabel p you met in 2001, how is your lovely wife and son.2001 my the years go by to quickly.remember you sent a letter to me to print off and give it to miss kenyon? i meet her often, she has not changed, she does not seem to age...its so funny talking away to your primary teacher as if she were a friend, she is so nice and never passes. it has been great to hear from you..i have not been in touch with you or alistair because my computor died a death many years ago and i lost all my contacts, isabel
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

miss kenyon still alive, that is great news,all us boys thought she was a crackin good looker (and if she hasnt aged she must still be) :D ,is my memory playing up or was there also a miss dixon?
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)