The Scottish Premiership

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: The Scottish Premiership

Post by brian f »

Penny Tray wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:10 pm No chance - (certainly not without tears in the long run) - season ticket sales matter!

I would have pulled out all the stops to secure Rafael Benitjez, who, as Steven Gerrard's former boss, might quickly unnerve the Rangers manager.
You never know- Though i think Benítez will go for the money in London.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:28 pm Celtic 6 - 0 Livingstone

With the ongoing saga regarding Eddie Howe ... could Mr Desmond feelings turn towards John Kennedy after that rout . Surely he must command some RESPECT- Just saying ..
Not a betting man but I reckon he's holding out for the English premier league.....
Those wimin were in the nip.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

bonzo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 am

With the ongoing saga regarding Eddie Howe ... could Mr Desmond's feelings turn towards John Kennedy after that rout . Surely he must command some RESPECT- Just saying ..
Not a betting man but I reckon he's holding out for the English premier league.....
Would that be John Kennedy or Eddie Howe you're referring to there bonzo? :) Seriously though, you might be right there.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

With the ongoing saga regarding Eddie Howe ... could Mr Desmond feelings turn towards John Kennedy after that rout . Surely he must command some RESPECT- Just saying ..
Maybe, bonzo, When he was in charge at that wee seaside place- Bournemouth, he had the luxury of spending £20 million for a player. Makes you think :wink: Anyway i cant see the board at Celtic park giving him anything near that. So he plays the waiting game. If i was a Celtic fan i would be livid.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:00 pm

Maybe, bonzo, When he was in charge at that wee seaside place- Bournemouth, he had the luxury of spending £20 million for a player. Makes you think :wink: Anyway i cant see the board at Celtic park giving him anything near that. So he plays the waiting game. If i was a Celtic fan i would be livid.
brian f, If indeed Howe is holding out for an EPL job then Celtic will be better off without him anyway, but that still wouldn't necessarily make him a bad manager.

In the EPL £20 million is fairly cheap for a player these days so I'm not quite sure what your point is there. You're no Celtic fan I see. :)
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake, If you look back you will find i post positive comments about Celtic. Its just a pity no Celtic fan on the forum congratulates Rangers this years SPL champions. :wink:
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

brian f wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:33 pm kittywake, If you look back you will find i post positive posts about Celtic. Its just a pity no Celtic fan on the forum congratulates Rangers this years SPL champions. :wink:
Maybe you do post the odd complimentary comment about Celtic, but other than above I've yet to see a single Rangers fan on here congratulate their own team for winning the league championship this season either.
Could it be they've been that long in the shadows they've forgotten how it should feel to actually win something? :lol:
Last edited by Kittywake on Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

Ever heard the saying “self praise is no honour”
And also some people have consideration for other people’s feelings. Celtic must be feeling bad enough failing to make 10 in a row without having it rubbed in.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

As far as feelings go, I reckon the historic 4 treble's in a row will have more than wiped out any disappointment Celtic will have had about not winning the league this season.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

You would have thought that would be the case, so why the riots at the gates of Parkhead and the departure of Neil Lennon?
I can say without any doubt though, Celtic will bounce back again. I just wish some of the other teams could compete with the big two, and make it a real competition.
Kittywake
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Kittywake »

meekan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 am You would have thought that would be the case, so why the riots at the gates of Parkhead and the departure of Neil Lennon?
That's just the 'lunatic fringe' your talking about there and almost every football club has them in varying numbers, including your own favourite which has more than it's fair share. :wink:

According to a whole lot of decent Celtic fans Neil's time should have been up before this season even started - but he'll still be remembered as a club legend regardless. Obviously managing at either Celtic or Rangers can be a very unforgiving job and often all it takes is one bad season - whether it's for 1 or 10 in a row - and you're out. SG got more time I think because he basically inherited a team of failures, but had he not been successful in the league this season then I reckon he'd either have been binned, or walked away.

Anyways, roll on Sunday.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Kittywake wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:30 am
meekan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:45 am You would have thought that would be the case, so why the riots at the gates of Parkhead and the departure of Neil Lennon?
That's just the 'lunatic fringe' your talking about there and almost every football club has them in varying numbers, including your own favourite which has more than it's fair share. :wink:

According to a whole lot of decent Celtic fans Neil's time should have been up before this season even started - but he'll still be remembered as a club legend regardless. Obviously managing at either Celtic or Rangers can be a very unforgiving job and often all it takes is one bad season - whether it's for 1 or 10 in a row - and you're out. SG got more time I think because he basically inherited a team of failures, but had he not been successful in the league this season then I reckon he'd either have been binned, or walked away.

Anyways, roll on Sunday.
Thats a rather good post Kittywake.. Celtic have been scoring for fun. So for me- I hope Alan retains his form. Who knows.... let the best team win.