stand up if you love the darts!

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: stand up if you love the darts!

Post by creamolafoam »

A few shocks already. Peter Wright, Raymond Van Barneveld, Simon Whitlock & Mensur Suljovic all out in the early stages of the tournament.
Think this might be Michael Smith’s yr, & although The current World Champion, Rob Cross, has had a pretty ordinary season, he will go very close again. I’m hoping Gary Anderson actually wins it but think he might come up short (hope I’m wrong).
On a side note, even though Barney is in to his last yr on the pro circuit, ( retiring after next yrs world championship) he shouldn’t be anywhere near this coming seasons premier league as he has plummeted down the rankings & has had a season to forget. But heard Barry Hearn saying recently that he is a fans favourite & will obviously sell tickets so it looks like he still might get picked ahead of someone who genuinely deserves their spot.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Unbelievable 3rd match with Gary Anderson & James Wattimena. Gary takes it 4-3 in sets after coming from 2-0 down in final set. Match of the tournament so far. Superb darts.
And on another note another couple of seeds have fallen with Price & Gurney departing the worlds.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Gary rode his luck tonight, he was cruising at 3-1 and missing 5 match darts. Great come back from wattimena who also had a match dart in the 7th. Can't say I'm sad to see the back of price can't take to the man at all.
Those wimin were in the nip.
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 pm Gary rode his luck tonight, he was cruising at 3-1 and missing 5 match darts. Great come back from wattimena who also had a match dart in the 7th. Can't say I'm sad to see the back of price can't take to the man at all.
Good to see Gary getting through as at this stage that's all that matters.

Agree regarding Price, ex Rugby player now Dart player who doesn't seem to realise the difference.
Here's hoping his next job isn't as a Polis man - as there's enough knuckle dragging neanderthal's in uniform these days as it is.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

I take it the darts are only on Sky sports .Another blow to the common man....
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Shshsh Amazon firestick :santa03: :hi:
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

brian f wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:33 pm I take it the darts are only on Sky sports. Another blow to the common man....
Yep, shame on them.

Don't subscribe to Sky or BT Sport etc, but luckily I can get most big league football matches 'Live' online for free along with other major sports coverage, Darts included. :wink:
----------------------------

Gary Anderson, upfront and honest as always when it comes to answering interviewer's questions.

:santa03:
Penny Tray
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Penny Tray »

michaelm wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm Here's hoping his next job isn't as a Polis man - as there's enough knuckle dragging neanderthal's in uniform these days as it is.
I haven't lost any sleep over it during the Season of Goodwill, but for the record, this is not a perception I share!
Nothing is ever really lost to us as long as we remember it.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Gary Anderson bts Chris Dobey 4-3 to progress to the quarters in the match of the tournament so far. They shared 46+ 140’s & 28 180’s in a right nail biter to the end. Well played both players👏
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Yet another shock tonight as the world champion goes out. Cross 2-4 Humphries.
Quarters are:
Aspinall v Dolan
Joyce v Mvg
Anderson v Chisnall
Humphries v Smith
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Aw well Gary took a bit of a doing in the semi-final beat 6-1 by mvg.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Mvg takes the world title 7-3. Michael Smith seemed to let the occasion get to him but it was closer than the score looks. Incidentally £500,000 to the winner.