Giovannetti Family

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Giovannetti Family

Post by Fionamcdonald1201 »

Hi all,

I knows it been a while. Just back from Barga exploring where my ancestors come from. The place is beautiful and knowing family had originated from the area made it feel so special.

I'm still on the road to finding out more information about the Giovanetti family. If you know any other stories or people you know who may be family with the family I would be greatly appreciative if you could divulge.

Thanks again for all the contributions so far.

Fiona
Vinegarjoe
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Vinegarjoe »

Worked with a Paul Giovannetti in 1970 in Barclays heavy engineering works in Kilmarnock. Nice guy.

Pretty sure he came from around Sannox Drive, Ashdale Avenue, Corrie Crescent area of Saltcoats.

Spent our first apprenticeship year there (he was training as a mechie fitter, I think) so we would be 16 at the time. Makes him about 62 same as me.

Haven't seen or heard of him since.

Post by Guest »

Hi I have been searching for family links to the Lynn family and believe that your nana Etta may have been my Aunt. Her mother was also called Henrietta and passed away in 1968.

Added by Admin: Guest poster is referring to this post: http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 67#p140467
Last edited by Hughie on Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

seems quite a few of 3 towners have Barga ties, Think there is a festival in Aug, mibbe, celebrating that
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
Fionamcdonald1201
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Fionamcdonald1201 »

Guest wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 pm Hi I have been searching for family links to the Lynn family and believe that your nana Etta may have been my Aunt. Her mother was also called Henrietta and passed away in 1968.

Added by Admin: Guest poster is referring to this post: http://www.threetowners.net/forum/viewt ... 67#p140467
Hi Hughie,

So sorry I haven't responded sooner. Yes, Henrietta Lynn was my great grandmother. My dad grew up with her on Auchenharvie Road.

She passed away a couple of years before I was born... 1989 I think.

Fiona.