McCREADIE, Robert

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

McCREADIE, Robert

Post by Jim McCreadie »

I would greatly appreciate assistance in determing the Date of Birth of McCREADIE, Robert (b. unknown Ardrossan. d. 16 Jun 1915). His address is noted as 6 Montgomery Street, Ardrossan. At the time of his death, his Battalion (1st Bn, Royal Scots Fusiliers) was serving the trenches at Bellewaarde in the area of the Ypres Salient. Robert died after the second battle of Ypres (apr - May 1915) and is commemorated on Panels 19 and 33 of the Ypres (Menin Gate) Memorial.
Many thanks in advance.

Jim McCreadie
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: McCREADIE, Robert

Post by Hughie »

Jim McCreadie wrote:I would greatly appreciate assistance in determing the Date of Birth of McCREADIE, Robert (b. unknown Ardrossan. d. 16 Jun 1915).
Hi JIm,
You could go directly to the Scottish GRO site at: http://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/famrec/bdm/index.html and order his birth certificate.

But seeing you don't have enough details as to the year/place/parents it makes it hard.

So you might consider going to the above site and ordering his death certificate. That will give you his parent's names and his age amongst other things. That should be enough details to gain his birth certificate from the GRO which will show enough details to get his parents' marriage certificate.

Hope this helps
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Robert McCreadie

Post by canfactory »

There is a Robert McCreadie on the census for Ardrossan in 1901 aged 5 or 6 (the details are difficult to read) but living at 32 Barr Lane. Working that back, there is a birth entry for a Robert McCreadie born June 3rd 1895 at 10 Barr Lane which would tie in with the age. I have found on the register of deaths a Robert McCreadie who died 1915, aged 20 and the only detail against the entry is ‘Service/War Return (Scotland)’. There is no mention of date of birth, date of death or location. As the age ties in with the other details this might be who you are lookign for, but I do not know for sure.

As Hughie says, if you can give us his parents name we might have better success.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Many thanks for your responses. The gentleman whose DOB I seek is Robert McCreadie (who died 1915, aged 20 and the only detail against the entry is ‘Service/War Return (Scotland)’ located by canfactory. I have his parents (my great grand-parents) details but getting data from Oztralia
can be difficult as Hugh knows.

Ach weel, ah'll keep looking.

Thanks lads.

Jim McCreadie
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Jim

Would his parents christian names be William and Elizabeth?
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Indeed they were. His parents were William and Elizabeth.
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Ok Jim

I've found him. What's the best way to send the information to you. I can publish it here or would it suit you better by email. If Hewmac is reading this can we exchange email addresses on this board?

Many thanks
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

canfactory wrote:If Hewmac is reading this can we exchange email addresses on this board?
Under Jim's post click on PM to send him a personal message or if there is an email button you can reach him that way.
canfactory
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by canfactory »

Thanks hewmac. Jim, you've a PM waiting for you.