sky go

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

sky go

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

as this is the computer and forum related issues I hope it involves tablets,i installed the sky go app on my tablet but sadly it wont work,theres certain tablets it wont work on and quite a few that it does, my tablet has android 4.2, seems theres known issuses with this ,it does work on the apple ipads and with the android lollypop, they might come up with a fix for it but who knows, anyone else have the same prob for those that might not know the sky go app allows sky customers to watch whatever package they have on there tablet, through an internet connection.

James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)
georgersweir
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: sky go

Post by georgersweir »

James, I can't offer advice on your problem with Sky Go on your Android tablet, but I know that there are many compatibility problems for Android devices. Aside from differing versions of the operating system, manufacturers use many different hardware components with the result that lots of apps don't work properly across tablets from different makers, even if they support the same flavour of Android. Unfortunately, this means that an OS upgrade may not fix the problem. Hopefully, your tablet will be popular enough to merit a specific software fix from Sky.
I'm still saving up for a signature.
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: sky go

Post by stivis »

You appear to have version 4.2.2 installed
it's a "incomplete update" if you like but will be fixed at the next one (or they should be fixing it )
restore android version 4.2.1

Me ? iPad user with very few add-ons