What's the latest movie you've seen?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's the latest movie you've seen?

Post by bonzo »

brian f wrote:
bonzo wrote:Bridge of spies and black mass both really gid :good:
Thanks for that Bonzo- Both of these films i must watch. My kinda films :clap:
Watched them both through an android box although black mass had Chinese subtitles hahaha you didnae really notice them after a wee while
Those wimin were in the nip.
5siamese7
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by 5siamese7 »

A film I must have seen dozens of times is on the tele right now. A great film The Searchers and it deserves comment. The civil war has been over for three years when Eathen turns up at his brother's ranch wearing yellow stripes on breeches blue and a confederate great coat. We are told he fought for the Confederacy and he gives his niece a medal which happens to be the medal of honour. There were no medals in the Confederate army as they were all considered heroes apart from the ones who were shot for cowardice. Guess he won it in a poker game or robbed someone. Still a great film and by golly I still enjoy watching it.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Watched angels 15 on Friday afternoon sometimes you cannae beat an auld film.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Channel surfing came upon 'Die monster die!' a Boris Karloff film. It was actually quite entertaining!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Watched Joy last night about the American inventor who invented the miracle mop. Also Legend the Krays movie where Tom Hardy plays both brothers. Both a decent watch :good:
John Donnelly
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by John Donnelly »

If I had to answer this last week, it would have been A Fish Called Wanda, and it would have been more than 30 years ago.
Now, I went to a real cinema and saw Brookline on Sunday. To be honest, I was not quite dragged there, but it was not with any real enthusiasm. Ria took a daft notion and off we went.
I was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. I can recommend it . It's a great movie. I might even go to another one.

JD.

PS; as a youngster in Stevenston, I went twice a week, - every week. As my dad's shop hung the programme advert for the Kemp cinemas, we had a card which allowed us in twice a week for free.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Last night I watched Beasts of no nation a film about boy soldiers in an unnamed African country and Spectre the latest James Bond film.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Last night I watched London has fallen a far fetched (I hope) film where Islamic terrorists basically invading London during the PMs funeral killing 6world leaders rest of the film is trying to get the US president out of London. Also ted 2 about the foul mouthed teddy bear quite funny.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just settling down to watch my favourite film ever pork pie and Ray bans at the ready the blues brothers
michaelm
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by michaelm »

bonzo wrote:Just settling down to watch my favourite film ever pork pie and Ray bans at the ready the blues brothers
Bought my first Video Cassette Recorder in 1982, (a Sanyo Betamax) and along with 'Heaven Can Wait' and 'Clash of the Titans', 'The Blues Brothers' was the first movie I ever rented out. That was from 'West Coast Video' in Stevenston.
A great movie at the time, and a shame that John Belushie died at such a young age.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

West coast was the one upstairs fae the amusements? We rented oor vhs fae granada at that time.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

And John belushi is in 3 of my favourite films blues brothers, animal house and 1941.