What's the latest movie you've seen?

Discuss the books you've read, the movies and TV shows you've seen
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: What's the latest movie you've seen?

Post by glenshena »

Murder Mystery with Jennifer Anniston and Adam Chandler. Slow to start but a very exciting finish, filmed around my home area.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Went to the pics over the last couple of months with my daughter who wanted to see both Bohemian Rhapsody & Rocketman. If your into your biopics & fans of Freddie Mercury & Elton John, you will not be disappointed. Both films were packed full of their greatest hits, but Bohemian Rhapsody was , for me anyway, a much more pleasurable film & a must see. Rocketman was a bit more like a musical but I certainly wouldn’t put you off it.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Really enjoyed Chuck Berry's "Hail Hail Rock 'n' Roll" the movie last night on NITV - National Indigenous Television here in Oz - Channel 34. Here's the trailer:

Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Went to see the last Star Wars movie tonight - The Rise of Skywalker - and LOVED it. It had Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker as ghosts, lots of special effects and spectacular scenes - can’t believe my 5 year old and I watched the first one at the odeon in Glasgow in 1977 and 42 years later we watched the last one. Really recommend.

Meg
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Jeez Meg, gave up on star wars many moons ago but still remember gaun tae the regal tae see the first wan.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

bonzo wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:33 pm Jeez Meg, gave up on star wars many moons ago but still remember gaun tae the regal tae see the first wan.
The last three have been fantastic Bonzo - the middle three - the Sith trilogy were really rubbish, and the original 3 were also fabulous. Then there were the two individual ones, Solo and Rogue 1 also great - but apart from the middle 3 - you can tell I’m a big fan, can’t you. :lol:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Are You a Trekkie as well Meg ? :lol:
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:17 pm Are You a Trekkie as well Meg ? :lol:
No, but I’m married to one :wink:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watched this on channel 4 the other night. Pretty good.

TOUCHING THE VOID

In 1985, two young climbers, Joe Simpson (Brendan Mackey) and Simon Yates (Nicholas Aaron), set out to be the first to reach the summit of the Siula Grande in the Peruvian Andes. They succeed, and the two embark on the treacherous descent down the mountain — only to meet with disaster when Simpson breaks his leg in a fall, leaving Yates to lower him the rest of the way with ropes. When a storm threatens both their lives, Yates must decide whether to cut the rope and risk Simpson’s likely death.

Bifa
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Got tickets for a drive-in movie in Rozelle next month. Last time I was in a drive-in was 1966 in the US with my American relatives. Going to see Back to the Future (again!) but in these days of “feart to go out” times, staying in the bubble of your own car sounds like a good alternative.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Watching Postcards from the Edge with Shirley McLean and Meryl Streep. Written by Carrie Fisher - it’s meant to be autobiographical - Meryl Streep can really sing in this movie - what happened to her in Mama Mia I wonder ... Good movie.
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I watched “Chicago Overcoat” last night on Amazon prime about an ageing hit man on his last assignment. It was ok but would never have made the cinemas