Rockvale - split from Fresh-Air Fortnight

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Rockvale - split from Fresh-Air Fortnight

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

I've just re-enrolled on the Alumni section of Strathclyde Uni, they take a few days to verify graduation etc! but I hope to get free access to Sources which participate in the Universities Research Scheme, that means Censuses and other databases, for academic purposes of course.
I haven't transcribed anything recently for Scotland'sPlaces so I presume my rights to free access to OS documentation etc! has lapsed - but tomorrow I'll try to re-register.
I tend to believe in the Internet being as free as possible - I certainly object to paying for information that used to be free - I even don't mind it being supported by advertising, after all I watch Freeview and Freesat and find the advert breaks useful for putting the kettle on and checking emails.
sweet caroline
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Rockvale - split from Fresh-Air Fortnight

Post by sweet caroline »

Here was me going to ask you about the Horse Tax for West Kilbride ,regarding the McAlisters.

SC
“He that has no fools, knaves, nor beggars in his family, was begot by a flash of lightning.” Thomas Fuller
Minicarr
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Rockvale Home

Post by Minicarr »

My mum worked in Rockvale home for children. It was situated on the shore front but has since been replaced by the red brick block of flats.