What is this

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

What is this

Post by Vivc113 »

Ta ra!! What is THIS little golden beast, Iain?

It was on my backpack at the weekend - bronze to gold in colour and a beetle-type of shape.

picture taken, Ayrshire countryside, July 5th 2014.
"Words are very.... unnecessary... they can only do harm".
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

What is this

Post by iain »

Hi Viv, staring at your photo, my brain sees a tiny goldfish! Did it have light spots - perhaps one of the light orange ladybirds?
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

What is this

Post by Vivc113 »

It was hard to photograph because it was offski quite fast !!

I believe it was plain bronze to gold in colour with NO spots. :-)

You know, some of these beasts are pretty smart. I remember once leaning over a spider type thing, when it was brave enough to jump right up in my face !!!! :lol:
iain
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: What is this

Post by iain »

Viv, I’m not sure what your beetle was, but forget sand dunes and ancient woodland, your rucksack and jacket seem to be one of the most biodiverse habitats in Ayrshire!
5eulbdog7
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by 5eulbdog7 »

Forget synthetic materials, when was the last time you guys saw a lady bird? Found one in one of the front bedrooms which i successfully caught and released.
Vivc113
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Vivc113 »

5eulbdog7 wrote:Forget synthetic materials, when was the last time you guys saw a lady bird? Found one in one of the front bedrooms which i successfully caught and released.
At least you didn't kill it !! Seriously though, ladybirds seem to be around so much less. I wonder why.

Yes, Iain, my backpack seems to attract all kinds of beasts. Could be they are smelling the food contained in my plastic bags. From spiders to golden beetles, it's all going on !! //funny