West End Cafe (Feb 2001)

Archivist
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

West End Cafe (Feb 2001)

Post by Archivist »

To: threetowners@topica.com
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001

I am a native of Saltcoats and have lived in England for the last 20 years and am now resident in Chester. It was great to find your site and see photographs of my grandfather, Giovanni Cavani and my uncles as youngsters outside the West End cafe. Like most of my family I worked in the cafe during my teenage years. If you ever frequented the West End it would be great to hear from you.

I read Colin Hay's email with interest - we bought our piano from his father and later I saved up and bought a small electric organ however when I got it home it never sounded as good as when his father had demonstrated it in the shop even although I had had piano lessons from Mr Rigby in Caledonia Road.

John Donnelly

To: "threetowners" <threetowners@topica.com>

John
saw your e-mail in threetowners. you mentioned your grandfather Giovanni Cavani, would you be related to Louise Cavani who i went to school with in the 60's at St. Peters in Ardrossan, She married Peter Brodgie from Ardrossan, and we have lost touch since. if it is the same Louise tell her I said hello (also to peter as he was a good friend of my brother Robert Boyce).
Regards
Sam Boyce, Brisbane, Australia

To: <threetowners@topica.com>

Sam,
You have just brought another name from the past. Peter Brodgie. I knew Peter through the Garryowen club and also working at Hunterson. If I remeber he was a welder.
Regards
Tommy Hanlon

Sam,
I just remembered Peter Brodgie now lives in Backpool. I know that he bought a B & B there