Scotland Rugby Union team.

Talk about your sporting interests here - worldwide or local
glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Scotland Rugby Union team.

Post by glenshena »

bonzo wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:23 pm Aye, the weather looks hideous.
Watched the first half, these guys are not just Rugby Players, they are Braveheart Warriors. Playing rugby in such apalling weather, I'm sure they'll all have Pneumonia today.......
Didn't look as if it was raining for the Ireland -Wales game, or perhaps the stadium is more enclosed, something Murrayfield should perhaps think about. :shock:
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Scotland 6 England 13. Not much to comment on that game...
Next up is Italy in Rome on 22 Feb.
creamolafoam wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:31 pm Eddie Jones, the England coach has come out complaining about the hostility of the Scotland fans towards the England team. One of his staff got hit on the head from a bottle thrown from the gantry.
When I use to go to murrayfield many moons ago, you never seen any of this nonsense. Seems to be a recurring theme at international level up here whenever we meet the auld enemy.
Sure we always want to put one over them, but to happen in rugby of all things, is becoming a worry. Having said all that, I don’t think we need to look far to find where the cause of this hatred towards most things English is coming from.
Throwing bottles about is totally unacceptable. Though Eddie Jones should tone down his big mouth the way he antagonizes the Scots.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

The same Eddie Jones who last week talked of brutalising France, his flanker lewis ludlum talked of his hatred of Scotland. If a bottle was thrown it's totally out of order. This from the BBC.

A Scottish Rugby spokesperson said: "An empty, plastic bottle landed near the team bus as England arrived. All the England players had already entered the stadium at that point.

"The matter was raised with the England team manager pre-match by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and an apology extended. There is no evidence the bottle was thrown or intended to hit any individual."

But of course according to a previous poster it's all the SNP's fault //funny
Those wimin were in the nip.
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

bonzo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:47 pm The same Eddie Jones who last week talked of brutalising France, his flanker lewis ludlum talked of his hatred of Scotland. If a bottle was thrown it's totally out of order. This from the BBC.

A Scottish Rugby spokesperson said: "An empty, plastic bottle landed near the team bus as England arrived. All the England players had already entered the stadium at that point.

"The matter was raised with the England team manager pre-match by a member of Scottish Rugby staff and an apology extended. There is no evidence the bottle was thrown or intended to hit any individual."

But of course according to a previous poster it's all the SNP's fault //funny
Your first thought was the snp🤔 //funny
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Just your usual patter.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

I thought it was Johnson... but then when I thought about the author, I changed my mind //funny
creamolafoam
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by creamolafoam »

Usual suspects deflecting & making light of the situation, of course👀
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Deflecting and making light of what? If you read my post and what you said is true I agreed with you. I then gave an alternative view point and quoted the BBC. Again you have your views and I have mine.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Watched the France v Italy game today which France won 35-22.Italy impressed me and Scotland will do well to avoid The...

Spoiler
Wooden Spoon
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bonzo »

Italy played some decent rugby today Brian but both them and France give away so many penalties. I fancy our chances against the 2 of them if we can keep our discipline.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

bonzo- France has not travelled yet. So i would fancy our chances at home against them, than Italy in Rome.
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Italy v Scotland- Live on ITV 14.15.Saturday.

Scotland will have to score a few tries to beat the Italians because "they" will. Gregor could be walking if we lose this one?