unwanted toolbars

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: unwanted toolbars

Post by bobnetau »

Morag, I am with you, just buy a new laptop. All this is way above me. Lol
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Whats so good about Mozilla ? i only use it if i want to set an image as a desktop background.
google chrome dont offer me that option
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

Don't know Brian.. IE was not working..Mozilla came up as a substitute. Tried chrome, meh, seems dry and dusty..oh wait.. mibbe that's just me.. lol!
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

morag wrote:Don't know Brian.. IE was not working..Mozilla came up as a substitute. Tried chrome, meh, seems dry and dusty..oh wait.. mibbe that's just me.. lol!

Fine Morag we all are sticks in the mud at times :smt039
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Have a try at Opera I'm using Opera 17 and a bit,but the slight down side is it's open source

there is also the Mac browser Safari , and you don't need to have a Mac to use it ,I have a preference for the screen,it's so clear

Breakdown of figures through WiKi

Chrome ......29.03%
I.E............ 22.54%
Firefox....... 19.26%
Safari......... 15.26%
Android........4.59%
Opera..........4.53%
Others.........4.46%
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

Morag, have you tried System Restore? The idea behind it is to take you back to a point where the computer was working well.
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

ardrossanrentboy wrote:Morag, have you tried System Restore? The idea behind it is to take you back to a point where the computer was working well.
yes, tried.. maybe need to back to a further restore...or just get a new pc..can get what seems like a decent one for under $300, Levolo? I think it's called. keep this Sony Vaio as a back up?
C.S.Lewis
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

If it's that bad,then lift all the data off and .....do the Factory Setting reset............be careful you really need to lift off all data , files pictures,and letters..........not my first recommendation , it's simple enough it's a bit of a pain because you forget what is all installed printers,cd rom/soundcards all the stuff you've added since it was bought
ardrossanrentboy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by ardrossanrentboy »

There are many alternatives .... more than one of which would do the job for you. You can download FREE a complete computer operating system onto a USB plug-in Memory Stick, such as DSL (damn small linux) and make the necessary changes in the computer's BIOS (onboard chip with a choice of default settings - Basic Input Output system) to BOOT up from the USB stick and you could still access most files and folders. Help is everywhere for computer users who have problems -- it helps the helpers to know SPECIFICALLY what your computer is doing and not doing ... tedious to go through all the possiblities but cheaper than buying another. The Sony Vaio is one of the best ... keep it. cheers
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

ardrossanrentboy wrote:There are many alternatives .... more than one of which would do the job for you. You can download FREE a complete computer operating system onto a USB plug-in Memory Stick, such as DSL (damn small linux) and make the necessary changes in the computer's BIOS (onboard chip with a choice of default settings - Basic Input Output system) to BOOT up from the USB stick and you could still access most files and folders. Help is everywhere for computer users who have problems -- it helps the helpers to know SPECIFICALLY what your computer is doing and not doing ... tedious to go through all the possiblities but cheaper than buying another. The Sony Vaio is one of the best ... keep it. cheers
I think my brain just went into ' not responding'...lol!I'll keep trying!
C.S.Lewis
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

Update of Firefox now available and It appears to NOT update some ToolBars....ie AOL
stivis
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by stivis »

For the problem here, I would not be going anyway near BIOS setting, after all it is a software problem.Is it not?