Be VERY wary of this sh*te - Snap.do

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Be VERY wary of this sh*te - Snap.do

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Snap.do is a browser hijacker that offers a web search engine (search.snap.do) and toolbar which are being promoted via other free programs, and once installed on your computer, they will hijack your browser homepage and replace your default search engine.
Fortunately there are a number of fixes available on-line, see
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/snap-do-toolbar-removal/

Against this bas**rd thing, I ran Nortons, Ccleaner, Malwarebytes and Spybot all to no affect! It was driving me crazy!
I located a program named "Spyhunter 4" which detected 18 associated files. HOWEVER, to [u]clean[/u] my system, the product had to be purchased. Was it worth $19.90 to have my laptop back? You bet it was! "SpyHunter 4" did [u]exactly[/u] as advertised - cleaned out the bas**rd plus other cookies not detected by the other program's.

So, if you are unlucky enough to get this little sh*te, you now know how to get rid of it!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."
Witterquick
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Be VERY wary of this sh*te - Snap.do

Post by Witterquick »

$19.90? ouch... if anyone gets this let me know and I'll have a pop at removing it for free
Jim McCreadie
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Re: Be VERY wary of this sh*te - Snap.do

Post by Jim McCreadie »

Aye I know but toffs can afford to be careless. //funny //funny //funny //funny //funny

Honestly, the da**ed thing was driving me up the wall and I know just enough about 'pooters to be DANGEROUS! I'm the type you don't let near your 'pooter!
Q98
32.04'.04"S 115.48'30"E

"What language are you talking in now? It appears to be Bo**ocks."