Hullerhirst House

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Hullerhirst House

Post by 0802 »

exile wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:56 pm
0802 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:37 pm
The old porch don’t look like that no more..
It's all very academic now, but maybe representative of the planning system then that some Cooncil body believed that that particular crime of a porch plonked onto the facade of an 18th century house was an improvement
It’s a shame what’s become of it. Such a cracking looking building. I despair of what will happen to it now.
Cortina20s
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Cortina20s »

Newbie here, moved here 5 yrs back. . Myself and the wife are actively looking for a plot of land and got directed to a pump house just a ways down the road and we came upon Hullerhitst House. Drove up the driveway to have a look and we thought wow! Wife is an avid Urban Explorer who catalogues history and this delighted her.
She then researched the history of the place and we feel it's so sad to leave it go to ruin but as it's a listed property it would be lots of money, and red tape, to bring it to a glorious conclusion, such a shame.
Hullerhirst
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by Hullerhirst »

Is the house still there? Last time I was going past it was sadly fire damaged which was heartbreaking to see but haven’t been down that way for a while. I know the lady who owned it and her brother sadly passed away. I was wondering if anyone had any luck contacting extended family regarding preserving what’s left?

Would be such a shame to see this beautiful house lost forever.