On my morning walk

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: On my morning walk

Post by Hughie »

glenshena wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 am How come they are all on your lawn Hughie, do you have special grass? There's not a bird on any of the other lawns!
Jean,
We had the turf put down when we moved in 17 years ago. So, yes there seems to be a strain of grass in the mixture that seems to attract native birds. The Corellas are incredibly noisy birds in the early evening. A :clap: of the hands and they are gone - but are soon back.

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

Hughie- Your lawn always looks immaculate. Do you have to put a lot of work into it.?

PS- Does, Johnboy still attract the birds across the road . :lol:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

It's low maintenance, Brian. I have a lawnmower which I don't have to push and a battery driven edger, trimmer and blower. I probably spend an hour each week - I look on it as a bit of a therapy break. :)

Johnboy my Kilwinkie pal has moved down the other side of the city, nearer his son.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Check out the bullying Corella on our birdbath. :twisted:

brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

No messing with the boss :club:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

This was actually before my morning walk. managed to save this spider from the kitchen bench before the wife spotted it.... eeek! Managed to capture it uninjured and put it out the back door. Oor dear Morag would be proud of me - miss that lassie. :( Oh! Those are mini tomatoes. :wink:

glenshena
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by glenshena »

Jeez thats a horror. Hope Betty didn't see it. Was it inside the pack of tomatoes? Or did it get into your house someway? I think living in Australia has its pro's and cons!
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

A neighbour gave me those tomatoes but I don't know if the spider was within or not. :roll:

Here's another one from ten years ago:
Sammy Kerr and wife Rena were visiting with us. Here's Sammy with my pet :wink: spider. :shock:
chef
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chef »

Re Sammy Kerr saw him a few weeks ago pre lockdown He has not aged an iota since that pic
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Loved listening to Sammy in the Winton Bar in Ardrossan. Charlie’s was THE place to be for live music for a few years.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

The other day I missed a great chance to snap a squadron of our local Pelicans flying over the house as they sometimes do. Anyway I caught this one on my morning walk near us yesterday - it wasn't going anywhere. :roll:

Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Portarlington / Melbourne Ferry waiting for the city's lock-down to be lifted. when that happens then our son's inner Melbourne based family can visit. We've been pretty open where we are by comparison - our other offspring are like us and live in regional Victoria and have been able to visit with us.

The second image is where I have a wee rest on my morning walk, and although its nothing like the size of Arran the view reminds me of home.