Nostalgia Therapy

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Re: Nostalgia Therapy

Post by Anne »

Yes Restum, it is a beautiful sight. Isn't the 3T's great every day we learn something new :think:
calleytwo
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by calleytwo »

they line the streets of afew country towns here in South Australia bringing colour in the bright sunshine. Funny but we moved in about 15 km's from Wasleys, a nearby country Hamlet to Gawler and the main street there was a glorius blue just as our street here is in bloom. And Anne - its funny but I knew the peppercorn tree, which was such a common part of country towns, came from Sourh America but I had thought the Jacaranda was an African native - we live and learn! The pretty yellow soursob (Oxalis pes-caprae) which is such a nuisance weed here definately did come from Africa though. Wee Ali
Anne
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Anne »

Sorry about our African tree Wee Ali (LOL) but as I am sure you know the Jakaranda is also quite messy when the flowers fall off. Also a bit dangerous if you slip on them. The funny thing is if you are in the bush you can somtimes spot a lonely Jakaranda in bloom, probably seeded curtesy (sp) of some passing bird.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by bobnetau »

Lots of jacarandas were in bloom in our son's street in Sydney when we were up there in Nov.
Did wonder if they were a menace with dropping blooms. Managed to avoid slipping though.
Netta
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

I always thought they were native to Brazil. Mine is in second bloom right now after blooming in June / July. Lots of them in S.Cal and used as a street lining tree downtown L.A. Wee Ali, you brought back memories with the sourocks as we called them..used to love to chew on them! I leave them be if the grow in my garden for the splash of pure yellow. I think I'd actually encourage them! :lol:
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis