Isolating Video/Youtube Footage ?

Computer questions and any issues you have with these forums.
Richard

Isolating Video/Youtube Footage ?

Post by Richard »

I have noticed that some people, when posting video or youtube footage, can post the actual footage
without all the surrounding "junk" or other youtube links.
How do you do this ?
I have come across a very good accordion link I want to post but I want to cut-out all of the other
links as they are not appropriate to a site such as the 3T'.
Can anyone advise on how I go about this ?
Step by step and keep it simple, please.
Not exactly the sharpest tool in the box, when it comes to technology.
:roll:
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Isolating Video/Youtube Footage ?

Post by Hughie »

Richard, copy the url from Youtube of the footage you want to show. While you are compiling a post paste that url into the post. Then highlight it, next click on the youtube button on the extreme right just above the post you are compiling. You can see the BBcode above the image below. Hope this helps. :wink:

[youtube][/youtube]
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thank's Hughie,
I'll start working on and practising that.
//perfect
BTW, You've got me hooked on this...Christelle.
She's GOOD.
//perfect
Richard

Post by Richard »

TESTER:
Eddi Reader: Dragonflies.
[youtube][/youtube]
:D
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

For some reason when I try to embed a you tube clip it doesn't seem to work any more, although it worked fine before. Below is a sample done the same way it used to work, but this is the result I get now.
[youtube][/youtube]

Any Ideas?
Idiot - seeks village.
Retsum
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Retsum »

Chriso, I think the https may be the problem - that indicates a secure connection. If you change it to http it may be o.k.
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

Thanks Retsum. I've never noticed that before, but you're right.I wonder why it shows an s at the end now.
Idiot - seeks village.
chriso
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by chriso »

You can also send an e-mail direct from youtube the following way.
Using YouTube to send videos

So, you've become a YouTube fan. Who can blame you? The site has thousands of videos worth watching from old public service announcements that are funny precisely because they're not supposed to be to random clips of strange things that people film themselves and post for your pleasure. And YouTube is a site that works well with our desire for instant gratification. You do a quick search, find the video that you want to watch and then it's there. And you can easily use the codes and information that are provided by the YouTube site to send those videos to other people that you just know will love the same content that you do.

If you're not yet sure how to email a YouTube video to your friends, here are the steps that you need to learn:

Go to the YouTube site.
Set up a YouTube account.
Search for and find the video that you are interested in emailing to your friend.
Look underneath the video at the various links that are provided by YouTube. One of these says "share video" and has the little envelope icon indicating that it's for email. Click on this button.
A new window will open where you will fill in information to email this YouTube video to someone else. The first thing that you'll enter is the person's email address. Then you will enter your name (assuming that you want them to know who sent it). Finally, you can enter a personalized message letting them know why you're sending it to them. (Sure, you think that your best friend is going to know why you want her to watch a video of a squirrel acting silly, but she might not so why don't you go ahead and tell her why you're sending it. If not, the default message is going to be "this is awesome".)
Click send and the window will close and your email will be sent so that your contact can watch the YouTube video that you loved. You can send multiple people the same video by entering multiple addresses into that address box. However, you can only send one video at a time so you'll need to go through this process again if there are other videos that you want to send.
Idiot - seeks village.
Richard

Post by Richard »

And that's a thank you from me also, Retsum.
I was having similar problems, but just gave-up-the-ghost and couldn't be bothered seeking a solution.
//perfect
Thank's for the step-by-step Youtube/e-mail guide, Chris.
Handy to know.
//perfect
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

[quote="Hughie"]Richard, copy the url from Youtube of the footage you want to show. While you are compiling a post paste that url into the post. Then highlight it, next click on the youtube button on the extreme right just above the post you are compiling. You can see the BBcode above the image below. Hope this helps. :wink:

Not working for me Hughie, I might be doing something wrong.
Here's what I'm getting.
[youtube][/youtube]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons
morag
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by morag »

That's what I get too Neil.
"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
C.S.Lewis
little plum
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by little plum »

morag wrote:That's what I get too Neil.
Morag, I've been trying all sorts of combinations/permutations in the practice area, now I give up. :evil:

And here's another thing, how can there be 2 guests in the members only practice area. ? :shock:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off - Abe Lemons