Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

peterbird12000
New Poster
New Poster

Post by peterbird12000 »

Rejoining new forum. Have been with 3Tners for sometime and have made contact with quite a few people I lost touch with. Stay in Stevenston. attended St.Johns 1948-55 and the St Micks 1955-60. Good luck with the new forum Hugh and keep up the good work.
Simon Harris
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Simon Harris »

Born in Irvine 1965.. Brought up in Ardrossan, Seton Street, Whitlees Court, Island View.
Schooled at Winton Primary, Stanley Primary and Ardrossan Academy..

My Grandparents Ran the Eglinton Hotel for many years, OH happy days..

Moved to Kilwinning in 1979, schooled at Kilwinning Academy..

Moved to Basingstoke in 1986 to work.. Then relocated to Swindon Wilts in 1990, Been here ever since..
Married, Divorced and now remarried with a baby on the way.. and a 15 year old Daughter from 1st..

My sister still lives in the Woodwynd, Kilwinning for her sins!
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

At this stage it looks like we have more members in Australia than anywhere else. I think the Aussie authorities targetted folks from the three towns to come out to the land down under to improve the breed - not that we're all bakers :roll:
Lynda
leading Poster
leading Poster

Post by Lynda »

8) Hi All

I have lived in Saltcoats most of my life,in Fleming Cres.I went to St Mary's then did 1 yr at St peter's then we moved to St Andrew's.I left school in the summer 73 and got married the following year and moved to West Kilbride.Moved back to Saltcoats in 1981 when I got divorced and have been here since.
hears53
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by hears53 »

My name is Catherine ( fitzpatrick ) Gardiner originally from Saltcoats
lived at 30 adams ave ,then moved to 7 clark place went to st mary,s
then on to St peter,s worked in ICI for a few years married Andrew
Gardiner from Stewarton we have 2 sons and 4 grandchildren
Cathie.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Catherine,

Welcome to threetowners. My pal across the road from Kilwinning has his sister coming out to Oz for a wee holiday from Stewarton in January. She's coming out together with my wife's sister who comes out from stevenston for a few months every couple of years. Beats the Costa Whatsitsname she reckons!
:roll:
scottishdrover
New Poster
New Poster

Post by scottishdrover »

Well my Name is Brian, I lived in Well Park Rd, then Adams Avenue in Saltcoats, and from 1957 until 1963 (qualifing year) went to Kyleshill School. I remember Miss Ness as a teacher.
Lots of names from my class and have a photograph of the class members, Denise de Mello, Julie Smith, Helen Sim, Hugh Motgomery, the McLaren twins, George Smith, Robert Taylor, James Morrow to name but a few.
Went on to travel the world after leaving school and then ended up in the drinks industry going on to become a director in various companies.
For the past 15 years have been based in Edinburgh.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Hi Brian welcome to the threetowners I used to live on Springvale St. I'm sure you've got a few wee stories tae tell us. :mrgreen:
Evyn
Settling In
Settling In

Post by Evyn »

While I don't come from the Three Towns, my grandfather was born there. For some reason, a few years later his parents moved to South Africa. They stayed in Durban, but later moved to Johannsburg.
ellenyoung31
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

subject

Post by ellenyoung31 »

Hello Evyn.
Hope you will like the group they are great crowd, and the
back chat is good.
where do you stay is it Johannsburg, keep writing.
best wishes. Ellen. :)
wellparkno9
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by wellparkno9 »

Hi ,here is one for Josephine,see if you can help me oot,Im trying to remember what the shop at the corner of Springvale St. & Glebe St. was called.I can mind an old man by the name of McLellan being in it, but I think it was called,Drysedales before that.Any of that jog your memory.
Was Millers up the road from your house,just before the big tenement.Regards Sam.
elvis1913
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by elvis1913 »

Hi Sam sorry I can't be much help I remember the store almost directly across the street from us I think that was Millers a nice wee lady who had severely bad bow legs was the one I remember being in it. I also remember the one at Glebe St. but no name comes to mind, I love hearing about all this stuff Sam. cheers
Josephine.