old photos of other clyde resorts

Other photos that don’t fit elsewhere can be shown in this album.
Forum rules
Show photographs here, which don't fit elsewhere. Use a storage agent such as http://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

old photos of other clyde resorts

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

ho all here are some more old photos this time one from saltcoats the rest from largs

1.this one may have been posted before it is james clunes and his model yacht Marlyn taken at saltcoats
2.the seaside mission on largs shore taken 1964
3.largs seafront taken in 1936

4.this is a newcastle family taken at largs sometime in the 60's early 60's i think
5.motor boat daisy getting ready for a trip round largs bay taken at largs again early 60's
6.largs boat Tulip being hauled from the water at the end of the day taken largs early 60's.

So there we are some more old photos uploaded i hope you enjoy them.
James Barr (brvhrtjimmy)
Last edited by brvhrtjimmy on Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobnetau
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: old photos of other clyde resorts

Post by bobnetau »

Jimmy, great photos.
The one of the yacht at Saltcoats brought back memories for me.
My cousin used to visit each year from Lanarkshire and always brought his model yacht. If I was good he let me have a go but one day in my great excitement at being allowed to sail it I over-reached and fell in, good winter coat and all.
Not a good end to the morning.
Thanks for the memory.
Netta
RJDocherty
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by RJDocherty »

Hi Jimmy,

The man in your second photo leading the beach mission is my Grandad, Willie Docherty.
My wife and I have been trawling the internet to try and find a suitabley nostalgic Christmas present for him and apart from his name being mentioned in a few articles, this is the only record outside his own photo album that we've found!

You have no idea how happy you've made me, thanks so much for posting these photos!

P.S. do you know anyone else who has any photos of the beach missions?

Thanks,

Richard
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hello Richard - welcome to the 3ts. Looking forward to reading your posts....

Meg
meekan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by meekan »

I notice the Newcastle family were playing draughts, I remember vaguely "outside draughts" being popular on Ardrossan South beach prom. but were there any other draught boards in the three towns ?I think I remember one on Saltcoats prom across from the putting green?

great pictures James
brvhrtjimmy
Heid Poster
Heid Poster

Post by brvhrtjimmy »

yes there was a draughts board at saltcoats,directly opposite the tiolets and two the right of the shelter as you walked towards the beach,i remember the old guys playing and they moved the pieces with a long pole with a hook on the end, it meant they didnt have to get up of the seat every time they moved a piece.
James Barr (Brvhrtjimmy)