3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS

For those researching family in the three towns area.
delilah555
New Poster
New Poster

3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS

Post by delilah555 »

HI - WONDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP - I UNDERSTAND THERE WAS A COTTAGE AT 3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS. I BELIEVE MY FATHERS FAMILY LIVED THERE C1900 ONWARDS & IT'S POSSIBLE MY DAD WAS BORN THERE IN 1921. THEIR NAME WAS GRAHAM. ANY RELATIVES THAT I KNOW OF THAT COULD TELL ME MORE HAVE SINCE DIED & ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! ANY INFO ON A MINERAL WELL AT HOLME PLANTATION WOULD ALSO BE OF INTEREST

M
Last edited by delilah555 on Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

delilah555 wrote:HI - WONDER IF ANYONE CAN HELP - I UNDERSTAND THERE WAS A MINERAL WELL AT 3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS. M
Hi Deilah555,
Welcome to threetowners, I don't know how Ardrossan Road is numbered, if it's numbered from the Ardrossan end then it's possible the mineral springs you ask about could be be the Holme Plantation mineral springs, or even part of it.

The last photo in this post by Bob shows the Ardrossan end of Ardrossan Road - the Plantation is along on the right behind those buildings. The red car is on the boundary between Ardrossan and Saltcoats.

Hope this helps.
delilah555
New Poster
New Poster

REPLY TO 3 ARDROSSAN RD

Post by delilah555 »

HI HUGHIE THANKS FOR REPLYING - THINK THE HOUSES WERE NUMBERED FROM THE SALTCOATS END TOWARD ARDROSSAN - SAW THE PICTURE - SURE LOOKS DIFFERENT NOW = I STILL LIVE IN THE THREE TOWNS!
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Scott McCallum »

The top photo shows the mineral well in the Holm Plantation - my wife's great and great-great grandfathers (George and John Adam) worked there from about 1830 to 1900.

The bottom photo shows the New Argyle pub (about 1961)which became the Maple Leaf(about 1963). I grew up in the second wee cottage to the left - 88 Canal Street.

PS. someone mentioned Walter Catto in a message last month - I am happy to say he, and Hannah, are still alive and well and living near St Catherines in Canada

Scott McCallum - Glasgow
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hi Scott

Would that have been Tom's mother and father. I went to school at the same time as Tom Catto - he was a couple of years above me so he must be around mid fifties by now.

Meg
Scott McCallum
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Scott McCallum »

Hi Meg - yes it's Tommy's father and mother - I was out in Canada in 2004 and visited Tommy who lives with his wife Lynn in Stoney Creek in Ontario.

Scott McCallum - Glasgow
delilah555
New Poster
New Poster

mineral well / maple leaf

Post by delilah555 »

Hi

Great picture of the mineral well - had one before but couldn't locate it again! The maple leaf - it's an old folks home now - seabank nursing home - the cottages have been relaced with council houses.

m
terri.thom

Re: 3 ARDROSSAN ROAD, SALTCOATS

Post by terri.thom »

I stumbled on this site by chance, The Mineral Well was located on the Holm Plantation, my great grandmother had it in the eary 1930's, and i was stunned by the reference to 3, Ardrossan Rd, it was the family home of the McGuire's who was my grandfathers family, this is great, i have photos of the Mineral Well and of 3,Ardrossan Rd.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

terri.thom wrote:i have photos of the Mineral Well and of 3,Ardrossan Rd.
Hi Terri,
Do we already have the photos you mentioned? Can you post them to this topic via a remote client like photobucket or the likes? If not, I'd be happy to do it for you. You can if you wish post them as attachments in an e-mail to me at hugh.mccallum@gmail.com
ward graham
Settling In
Settling In

Post by ward graham »

H Hugh I was born in 3 ardrossan road saltcoats in november 1945 my father was michael graham my uncle was edward graham he lived in central ave ardrossan my grandfather was edward graham and grandmother was a mcquire
ward graham
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi Ward,

You can if you wish PM or e-mail through the system those others who have earlier shown an interest in this topic. You can do this by clicking the icons in their profiles alongside their posts.

Good luck!
ward graham
Settling In
Settling In

Post by ward graham »

terri.thom wrote:I stumbled on this site by chance, The Mineral Well was located on the Holm Plantation, my great grandmother had it in the eary 1930's, and i was stunned by the reference to 3, Ardrossan Rd, it was the family home of the McGuire's who was my grandfathers family, this is great, i have photos of the Mineral Well and of 3,Ardrossan Rd.
Hi Terri my name is ward graham I was born in 3 Ardrossan saltcoats on nov 1945 my father was michael graham
my grandfather was edward graham and my grandmother was a mcguire