Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.

Where in the world do we live?

Three towns
30%
Elsewhere in Scotland
21%
England
16%
Other UK
2%
Europe other than UK
2%
Australia
12%
Canada
6%
New Zealand
2%
USA
6%
Others
3%

Total votes: 438

louislojoma
Settling In
Settling In

Re: Just Joined? Please Introduce Yourself

Post by louislojoma »

.I married Jean Copeland from Stevenston ,[/quote]

Peter is your wife the Jean Copland that was in my class at school if she is say hello from me.

Louis.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

louislojoma wrote:Hello, my name is Louis West from Stevenston born 1944. I have three brothers Jim, John and Ricky, two sisters, Anne-Marie and Jean.
Hi Louis, welcome to threetowners. Loved dancing with your sister Anne-Marie at the Castle Craigs. I remember walking her to your home opposite the old Ardeer Thistle football ground all those years ago. She insisted I (shy Hughie) meet your mum and dad, and they were such lovely people and made me very welcome - nice memories stirred up there from my youth, louis. Looking forward to your further contributions to our forum.
clansman
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

Post by clansman »

hi, my name is duncan, i am thinking of moving to this area and have seen a house i like near Burns way. i have holidayed in this area for many years and love it. :D
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Jeezo, Duncan. Such a generic post. This could have been posted to umpteen forums in Scotland. :wink:
nan
Settling In
Settling In

Post by nan »

peterjohnston wrote:My name is Peter Johnston I was born in Raise street Saltcoats in 1940. I went to the public school from 1945 until 1955. I have three sisters ,Helen ,Edith and nan . unfortunatly Helen has died
My first job was in Murchies in Ardrossan I was the van boy . My second job was in Mcphersons dairy in factory lane
I joined the RAF in 1959 until 1964 .I married Jean Copeland from Stevenston ,We both live in Kilmarnock now
Hello big brother,fancy seeing you here.xxx
Derek Hay
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Derek Hay »

Hi Hughie,
Thanks for the welcome, I didn't know the threetowners existed until my sister told me. I think I'm now a Scottish/Aussie/ Kiwi! What a combination!! Brought up in Saltcoats,( I attended Ardrossan Academy), my parents owned the Music Shop in Hamilton Street from '61 through to '67 before emigrating to Melbourne. I have a photo of my school class from 1958 which I will endeavour to find and send to the website. I came back to Scotland in 1971 and did a PE course at Jordanhill College, a brilliant three years.I went back to Melb. in 1974 for my brother Colin's 21st and stayed, until 1991. Since then I have been living in Christchurch, NZ, with my wife and two daughters. It certainly is amazing where you end up living. I visited the Bellarine Peninsula regularly, usually on the way to Queenscliff, where we still have close friends.I have very fond memories of growing up in Saltcoats and if global warming ever gets really serious maybe fewer people will leave. Meanwhile go the Aussies and the Kiwis in the World Cup! Cheers for now, Derek
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hello Derek and welcome to the 3Ts - looking forward to your contributions on the site.

Meg
ps - when in NZ on holiday, I laughed when I saw tee shirts with "I support two countries, New Zealand and anyone playing against Australia"- I could identify with that:-) In the absence of Scotland from the world cup, NZ is my next best team - gooooo kiwis.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Great to have you on board Derek. We migrated to Melbourne in 1964 and fell in love with the place. We often go down to Queenscliff just to watch the ships enter Port Philip Bay - it's only twenty minutes away and crowded at this time of the year with Summer holidaymakers.
daveccmcc
Settling In
Settling In

Post by daveccmcc »

Hi I`m dave Mccracken,I was born in 229 glasgow st,lived mostly in 11 kirkhall drive great place to have lived,my father decided to move to england early 6o`s I came back 65 with girl got married went back to sroke-on-trent we have daughters seven grandchildren,I come back to work at St Fergus gas terminal 33 years ago after 2 months in dig`s I hired a truck and went to bring the family up to live in Mintlaw. I have been trying to find people I went to school with not alot of luck their.Only been back to Ardrossan a couple of times might come down this year and have a look.
maggie T
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by maggie T »

DAVE, Would Elsie be your sister,i am sure she lived in Glasgow Street,?I know in later years she lived in the harbour houses in Mongomery Street.She has a son in Australia and her sister in New Zealand,? you could be related?
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Hughie »

Hi David, Welcome to threetowners. :D Maggie T, I would think David would be a brother of Joan and Jean. They lived in the last large tenement on the right as you went down Kirkhall Drive back in the fifties.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Hello David, and a warm welcome to the three towners. I think your dad worked at the Shell Mex with my dad (Jimmy Gordon). I remember both your parents - especially your dad and his practical jokes - he had the gift to make everyone laugh -

Meg