BMD & Files 27 May 2009

Discuss all aspects of the three towns in the Threetowners' Lounge.
mcgrattan
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

BMD & Files 27 May 2009

Post by mcgrattan »

BMD-118.jpg

BMD & Files from the Ardrossan & Saltcoats Herald of 27 May 2009.

Tom McGrattan
Lindylou
Settling In
Settling In

Re: BMD & Files 27 June 2009

Post by Lindylou »

Tom!

you are a month ahead of yourself, had to look twice at the date, that's okay we all make mistakes.
Hughie
Administrator
Administrator

Re: BMD & Files 27 June 2009

Post by Hughie »

Condolences to the Butcher family on the death of dear Pattie (Gribben). When we were wee, Pattie and my sister Susan used to look after all us weans. The part I remember mostly was when they took us down to South Beach in the Summer. Those were happy days then just after the war - the Gribben family lived across the road from us facing down the Gasworks Lane in Ardrossan.

Tom, the photo you posted brought back a lot of memories for me. Where that blue fronted shop is, that's the shop I recall that was owned by Lambert & Reid. Jack Lambert was born in Ardrossan and acted in films. His Dad was pretty prominent in the Ardrossan Bowling club from what I remember seeing in the 100 years ago snippets. Jack's obituary is in this Earlier Topic

Another thing about the photo. Just past the shop about where the van is. Upstairs there our Betty went down on her knees and proposed to me in front of witnesses, just after the bells rung in 1960 which was a leap year. Took her another four years to get me to the alter though. ;) What a lucky person I was that she stuck with me.