81 Argyll road Saltcoats

For those researching family in the three towns area.
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

81 Argyll road Saltcoats

Post by Ann »

Hi, would anyone happen to know anything about this address? This is the last known address of my Great Great Aunts.
Thanks, Ann
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Ann,
Have you got a name to get started with and if so i will see what can be done for you even if i take a photo off the house that you are refering to. And speak to some people who live in saltcoats all there lives.

Bestwishes Jimmy
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

81 argyll road Saltcoats

Post by Ann »

Hi Jimmy,
I'm still learning how to navigate this site........... I think I sent you a private message, but just in case you didn't get it. I'm posting here too.
Thank you for your response. I do have the names of my great great aunts. They were Louisa Ann Francis - Born March 28, 1895 Glasgow. She died June 5, 1984
Jeanie Morton Francis - Born January 16, 1897 Glasgow
She died November 19, 1983
They are both burried at the Ardrossan Cemetery. I know Jeannie taught sewing at the Ardrossan Academy. Their mother's name was Jessie Baird Morton, who died December 17, 1958. She is burried with them.
Please don't go through a lot of trouble, but I would very much appreciate a photo of their house if it still exists.
Thanks again,
Ann Francis Garrett
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Ann,
No Problem i got your massage ok at the end off the day i can only try and help you going down to my mums on sunday i will have a look and see if the house is still there and i will speak to some folk's i know and see if they can shed some light aslo if you are going to Adrossan to the grave yard if your not where it is with the help you have from the rest of the form post me when you are coming down and i will show you where it is .

Bestwishes Jimmy
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

81 argyll road Saltcoats

Post by Ann »

Hi Jimmy.
Thanks so much.
Ann
Ian
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ian »

stayed at 85 argyll rd my mother knew the miss franceses i think house is still there
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Ian,
You could make our ann very happy if you could ask your mother for any information you can give her as Ann has tryed for some time now to get some info .

Bestwishes Jimmy
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

My great great aunts

Post by Ann »

Hi Ian,
Any information you can help me with would be greatly appriciated. I did not know these ladies existed untill a few years ago. By then of course it was to late. It saddens me to realizen that I did not get a chance to meet them. I was in Scotland before they both passed. If only I had known...........
Ann
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Ann,
You wont guess what happened to me today at my mums and i forgot to lift my camara so my sister came in and i was talken about the website and i was telling my mum about you and the address you where looking for and low and be hold the address you are looking for is my sisters mother inlaws house now so i know that it is still there so i will ask her mother inlaw if i can take some photo's of her house for you

Bestwishes Jimmy
Ann
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

amazing

Post by Ann »

Hi Jimmy,
That's amazing!!! and great news.
Have a great day,
Ann
Ian
New Poster
New Poster

Post by Ian »

Jimmy Morell wrote:Hi Ian,
You could make our ann very happy if you could ask your mother for any information you can give her as Ann has tryed for some time now to get some info .

Bestwishes Jimmy

Bit difficult,my mother died 10 years ago,and I now live in France
Jimmym
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Jimmym »

Hi Ann,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you about your Aunt's
house in 81 Argyill road. If you go to photo album i have taken some photo's for you .

Bestwishes Jimmy :D

Hi Ian sorry i miss read what you where saying about your mum .

Bestwishes Jimmy :oops: :oops: