Misc. Photos

Show the photographs you've taken in this album.
Forum rules
Here you can show the photographs you've taken. Use a storage agent such as https://www.imgur.com - our forum attachment system has limited storage and therefore reserved for photos in our Threetowners' Photo Album.
Bob Bryden
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Misc. Photos

Post by Bob Bryden »

Here's a few more. I'm not sure what order they'll be displayed in but anyway. The picture of me,my cousin Jack Nicol, his wife Molly & their 3 children was taken at Arden House. Callendar (alias Tannochbrae in the original Dr. Finlay's Casebook). I tok this photo on my trip back to the U.K. in 1974.

Next is one of Dad, me & my cousin Robin Nicol (he still lives in Saltcoats) at the Welsh Railway Station with the long name in Anglesey. It was taken in 1962 on our last annual holiday before emigrating down-under.

Next was one taken by my Uncle Andy overlooking Melrose with Dad, me & Robin (L to R). This was on our way back from Wales on that same 1962 trip.

Next is a photo of the Southern Cross re-fuelling at Curacao on our voyage to N.Z. in 1963. That's me astride the pipes with my Uncle's army hat - it was the same as these Australian Army hats that fold up on one side. My uncle got his though in the British Army whilst serving in East Africa in WW2. On the way back to the ship along the jetty seen in the background the hat got blown off my head into the water. Even if I could swim I wouldn't have tried to retrieve it as these waters were shark infested - that's a shark net around the area where those people are bathing. Did any other 3Towners come down-under on the same ship?

Finally a shot of the ship that was berthed next to the Southern Cross when we first boarded her at Southampton - more than 4 times the size of our ship.

Bob