Mayflies Movie

Our "Off Topic" forum - have a wee blether here.
Forum rules
Please familiarise yourself with our Board Rules and Guidelines
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Mayflies Movie

Post by Sarah »

Just watched the series of Mayflies can't place exactly where the scenery is thought it was made in Saltcoats
been away a long time can somebody enlighten me thought the acting was brilliant.
bonzo
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Re: Mayflies Movie

Post by bonzo »

Hi Sarah, Andrew O'Hagan who's novel it is based on is from Kilwinning. I haven't watched it but I'm sure I read a lot of it was filmed in and around Troon.
Those wimin were in the nip.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

Sarah wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:45 am Just watched the series of Mayflies can't place exactly where the scenery is thought it was made in Saltcoats
been away a long time can somebody enlighten me thought the acting was brilliant.
The caravan was parked in the car park at Greenan Shore in Doonfoot. Most of the other outdoor shots were Troon Sarah.

Meg
brian f
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by brian f »

That film brought tears to my eyes. The guy who died, had so much to live for.
Meg
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Meg »

brian f wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:19 pm That film brought tears to my eyes. The guy who died, had so much to live for.
Yes it was a really sad story wasn’t it Brian. George and I attended “an evening with Andrew O’Hagan” at Irvine Burns Club (he’s an honorary member there) where he talked about the book and read excerpts. He called it an autobiofiction - most of it autobiographical but some fiction to keep the storyline. That night a lot of people who were in the book were sitting in the audience including the teacher at St Michaels who inspired him to go to Uni. O’Hagan also appeared in the TV program - he was the brides father who walked Ashley Jensen down the aisle. (I think she stole the show in the tv programs btw)

Meg
Sarah
Mega Heid Poster
Mega Heid Poster

Post by Sarah »

Thank you all for info , did enjoy it the acting was so good, you do need a box of tissues to watch it I have been away a long time
and could not figure out where it was ...